|Out of stock|
Rs.57.50 (52% Savings)
|Out of stock|
Rs.57.75 (52% Savings)
Rs.58.13 (52% Savings)
|Out of stock|
Rs.59.08 (51% Savings)
Rs.59.35 (51% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is EPIVAL Syrup used for?
EPIVAL Syrup is used for the treatment of epilepsy, bipolar affective disorder and migraine headaches.
EPIVAL Syrup may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does EPIVAL Syrup work?
EPIVAL Syrup belongs to the class of drugs called anti-convulsants. This drug acts by stabilising the electrical activity in the brain by enhancing the inhibitory action of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA). It is also known to reduce the extent of sodium-dependent action potentials, which reduces the repetitive electrical signals and prevents epileptic fits.
How to use EPIVAL Syrup?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take EPIVAL Syrup as prescribed by your doctor.
Shake the suspension well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of EPIVAL Syrup, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of EPIVAL Syrup may include:
- Severe drowsiness
You must seek immediate medical care, if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with EPIVAL Syrup?
Drugs that interact with EPIVAL Syrup include the following:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of EPIVAL Syrup?
The following are the most common side effects of EPIVAL Syrup:
- Body pain
- Gastric irritation
- Transient hair loss
- Behavioural disturbances
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe dizziness
- Blurred vision
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking EPIVAL Syrup?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to EPIVAL Syrup or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may further worsen the side effects of EPIVAL Syrup and increase the risk of respiratory depression.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery after using EPIVAL Syrup medication as it may cause severe drowsiness or blurred vision.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Inform the doctor if you experience any changes in mood or distressing thoughts.
You are advised not to take EPIVAL Syrup if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking EPIVAL Syrup?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of respiratory disorder, liver disease, renal impairment or porphyria.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about EPIVAL Syrup
- Can I take EPIVAL Syrup if I have a history of liver disease?
- Can I use EPIVAL Syrup while having any history of bleeding disorder?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while on EPIVAL Syrup?
- Is it safe to use EPIVAL Syrup while having diabetes?
It is not recommended to take EPIVAL Syrup medication if you have hepatic impairment. Please consult your doctor.
Be cautious while taking EPIVAL Syrup medication if you have any history of bleeding disorder as it can result in low platelet count (thrombocytopenia).
You should undergo blood tests to monitor liver function, blood cells and blood clotting time before using the drug. Your liver function should be monitored frequently while using the drug.
Be cautious in using EPIVAL Syrup while having diabetes. However, consult your doctor for the safe use of medication.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.