EPIDUO Gel 15gm
By Galderma India Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is EPIDUO Gel used for?
EPIDUO Gel is used for the treatment of Acne vulgaris when comedones (blackheads and whiteheads), papules (pimple) and pustules (small swelling containing pus or fluid) are present on the skin.
EPIDUO Gel may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
How does EPIDUO Gel topical gel work?
- Adapalene is a retinoid-like compound which
- penetrates deep inside the skin pores and prevents the build-up of dead skin and sebum that leads to acne formation;
- blocks the hardening processes of the outer skin layer which helps in shedding of old hardened skin cells, thereby promoting growth of new skin cells;
- blocks the inflammatory reaction, which help to reduce soreness and irritation of skin.
- Benzoyl Peroxide is an anti-microbial agent which works by softening and peeling the outer layer of skin. Benzoyl Peroxide also prevents the sebum formation in the skin, thereby decreasing the production of acne.
How to use EPIDUO Gel?
- The application of topical gel of EPIDUO Gel depends on medical condition of an individual. Apply EPIDUO Gel gel as prescribed by your doctor.
- EPIDUO Gel is for EXTERNAL USE ONLY.
- Apply EPIDUO Gel only once a day (in evening). Wash the area to be applied with water thoroughly. Make sure the skin is clean and dry before applying the medicine.
- Take a thin film of EPIDUO Gel gel on your fingertip and apply on the affected area gently.
- Wash your hands properly after applying EPIDUO Gel gel.
- Avoid application of EPIDUO Gel into eyes or lips.
- Do not apply EPIDUO Gel on cuts, abrasion or eczematous skin.
- EPIDUO Gel is not to be used in children below 9 years of age.
- Your doctor will tell you how long you will need to use EPIDUO Gel
- If irritation occurs after application of EPIDUO Gel gel, please stop applying and consult your doctor immediately.
- If you miss a dose of EPIDUO Gel gel, please apply it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not apply a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
- If you have used more EPIDUO Gel than advised or have accidentally swallowed EPIDUO Gel gel, please contact your doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with EPIDUO Gel?
Drugs that interact with EPIDUO Gel:
- Aromatic and Alcoholic agents
- Other retinoid and Benzoyl Peroxide agents
- Peeling agents
- Skin abrasive cleaners
- Skin drying agents
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of EPIDUO Gel?
Most common side effects of EPIDUO Gel are:
- Dry skin
- Irritation of the skin
- Burning sensation of the skin
- Redness of the skin (erythema)
Please stop applying EPIDUO Gel gel and contact your physician immediately if you have
- eyelid oedema;
- tightness in throat;
- dry skin, skin irritation, skin burning sensation, erythema, scaling of skin;
- irritant contact dermatitis (blistering, cracking skin, swelling, stiffness of skin, ulcers on skin, sore skin forming crust);
- itching, sunburn.
This is not a comprehensive list of side effects. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking EPIDUO Gel?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on EPIDUO Gel.
- If you are using other medications for acne which contain benzoyl peroxide, retinoid, they may be applied in the morning and EPIDUO Gel may be applied in the evening.
- If you have a hypersensitivity skin reaction, please stop using EPIDUO Gel gel immediately.
- If you have applied EPIDUO Gel gel by mistake into eyes, mouth, nostrils or mucous membrane, wash immediately with warm water.
- EPIDUO Gel has propylene glycol (E1520) as excipient which may cause skin irritation.
You are advised not to take EPIDUO Gel if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
- you have a severe form of acne.
What should you tell your doctor before taking EPIDUO Gel?
Tell your doctor if
- you are allergic to EPIDUO Gel or to any ingredients of this medicine.
- you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- you are planning a surgery or any procedure.
- you are pregnant or trying to conceive or are breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about EPIDUO Gel
- How should EPIDUO Gel be stored?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking EPIDUO Gel gel?
- How long will it take for EPIDUO Gel to work?
- Can I go out in the sun while applying Adapalene?
EPIDUO Gel should be stored below 25° C in a cool, dry place. Keep the medicine away from sunlight and do not freeze the medicine. Keep the medicine out of reach from children.
There are no dietary restrictions if you are taking EPIDUO Gel gel.
It may take from 1 to 4 weeks for EPIDUO Gel gel to work. Please consult your doctor for more information.
If possible, limit your sun exposure. If you are going outside, apply sunscreen as advised by your doctor. If you are using EPIDUO Gel in the morning, then let is dry first and then apply the sunscreen.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.