EGLITON 3MIU Injection
What is EGLITON 3MIU Injection used for?
EGLITON 3MIU Injection is used for the treatment of following conditions:
- Hairy cell leukaemia
- Malignant melanoma
- Follicular lymphoma
- Kaposi’s sarcoma caused due to AIDS
- Genital warts
- Chronic Hepatitis B
- Chronic Hepatitis C
EGLITON 3MIU Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does EGLITON 3MIU Injection work?
EGLITON 3MIU Injection belongs to the class of drugs called proteins. This drug acts by binding to type I interferon receptors and exhibits direct anti-proliferative action on the tumour cells. Thus, it helps in inhibiting the proliferation of cancer cells.
How to administer EGLITON 3MIU Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
- EGLITON 3MIU Injection injection should be administered as suggested by the doctor. Do not inject if you are unsure how to administer.
If you miss a dose of EGLITON 3MIU Injection , please consult your doctor immediately.
The overdose symptoms of EGLITON 3MIU Injection may include:
- Chest pain
- Persistent nausea
- Persistent vomiting
- Abdominal pain
- Dark coloured urine
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with EGLITON 3MIU Injection ?
Drugs that interact with EGLITON 3MIU Injection include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of EGLITON 3MIU Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of EGLITON 3MIU Injection :
- Pain/swelling at the injection site
- Stomach upset
- Unusual bleeding
- Unusual bruising
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Loss of appetite
- Dry mouth
- Taste impairment
- Tightness in the chest
- Difficult breathing
- Usual weight loss
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while receiving EGLITON 3MIU Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to EGLITON 3MIU Injection or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if EGLITON 3MIU Injection causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of EGLITON 3MIU Injection .
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Avoid getting pregnant while receiving EGLITON 3MIU Injection and at least for 6 months after discontinuing the medication.
- Avoid being in crowds as EGLITON 3MIU Injection decreases immunity and cause infections.
- Wash and clean your hands regularly while receiving EGLITON 3MIU Injection .
- Avoid activities that cause bruising or bleeding.
- Do not inject EGLITON 3MIU Injection into irritated, infected or bruised skin.
- Take extra care of your teeth while receiving EGLITON 3MIU Injection .
You are advised not to receive EGLITON 3MIU Injection if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before receiving EGLITON 3MIU Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of high blood sugar levels, blood cell disorders, diabetes, eye disorders, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, angina, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to EGLITON 3MIU Injection or similar drugs.
- Inform your doctor about the usage of EGLITON 3MIU Injection before any scheduled surgery.
Frequently Asked Questions about EGLITON 3MIU Injection
- Should I follow any dietary instructions while receiving EGLITON 3MIU Injection ?
- How should EGLITON 3MIU Injection be stored?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while receiving EGLITON 3MIU Injection ?
- Is it normal to experience swelling at the injection site while receiving EGLITON 3MIU Injection ?
- Does EGLITON 3MIU Injection cause any fatal diseases?
Yes, it is advised to drink more non-caffeinated drinks while receiving EGLITON 3MIU Injection .
EGLITON 3MIU Injection should be stored in a refrigerator at a temperature of 2 – 8OC. Do not freeze the medication.
Yes, it is advised to monitor complete blood cell counts, blood sugar levels and blood pressure regularly while receiving EGLITON 3MIU Injection .
Yes. However, please consult the doctor if this symptom persists or worsens.
Yes, EGLITON 3MIU Injection may cause fatal mood changes, such as low mood depression, hallucinations and psychoses. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience any of the above symptoms.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.