What is ECOBION BC Suspension used for?
ECOBION BC Suspension capsule, granule/powder, oral suspension/suspension/syrup is used to maintain the intestinal microflora. It is also used for the treatment of following conditions:
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Short bowel syndrome
- Bowel disorder
ECOBION BC Suspension may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ECOBION BC Suspension work?
ECOBION BC Suspension is a probiotic. It helps in maintaining the balance of gut flora, which keeps the intestinal wall strong and prevents chronic diseases. Thus, it maintains overall health.
How to take ECOBION BC Suspension?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ECOBION BC Suspension capsule, granule/powder, oral suspension/suspension/syrup as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the capsule Do not crush or tear open the capsule.
- Empty the granule/powder into a glass of water, stir well to ensure the content is completely dissolved and consume immediately. It is recommended to take as per doctor’s instructions.
- In case of oral suspension/suspension/syrup , shake the suspension well before taking each dose to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of ECOBION BC Suspension, please consult your doctor immediately.
What are the drugs that interact with ECOBION BC Suspension?
Please consult your doctor for the potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ECOBION BC Suspension?
Please consult your doctor for the possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ECOBION BC Suspension?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ECOBION BC Suspension or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of ECOBION BC Suspension.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on ECOBION BC Suspension.
You are advised not to take ECOBION BC Suspension if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ECOBION BC Suspension?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to ECOBION BC Suspension or similar drugs.
- Inform your doctor about the usage of ECOBION BC Suspension before any scheduled surgery.
Frequently Asked Questions about ECOBION BC Suspension
- How is ECOBION BC Suspension stored?
- Is it safe to take acetaminophen for body aches while on ECOBION BC Suspension?
- Is it safe to take ECOBION BC Suspension during pregnancy?
ECOBION BC Suspension should be stored at 37°C. Keep it away from heat and sunlight.
No. It is advisable not to take any drug while on ECOBION BC Suspension as it may reduce the effectiveness of the drug.
Please consult your doctor to know about the potential risks and benefits of taking ECOBION BC Suspension during pregnancy.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.