Rs.19.80 (84% Savings)
Rs.40.00 (68% Savings)
Rs.65.00 (48% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is Isoxsuprine used for?
Isoxsuprine is used for the treatment of problems associated with poor blood circulation. It is recommended for the patients with following conditions:
- Cerebral vascular insufficiency
- Arteriosclerosis obliterans
- Buerger’s disease
- Raynaud’s disease
Isoxsuprine may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Isoxsuprine work?
Isoxsuprine belongs to the class of drugs called vasodilators. The drug acts by dilating and relaxing the blood vessels. Thus, it improves the blood flow in the blood vessels.
How to use Isoxsuprine?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take Isoxsuprine with or without food.
- Swallow the capsule whole. Do not open, crush or chew the capsule.
- Isoxsuprine injection is administered intravenously under the medical supervision.
The overdose symptoms of Isoxsuprine may include:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Severe abdominal pain
What are the drugs that interact with Isoxsuprine?
Drugs that interact with Isoxsuprine include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Isoxsuprine?
The following are the most common side effects of Isoxsuprine:
- Stomach upset
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Fast heartbeat
- Shortness of breath
- Skin rash
- Chest pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions Isoxsuprine?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Isoxsuprine or similar drugs.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Be cautious while using Isoxsuprine if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Consult the doctor before taking any other drug along with
- Do not stop Isoxsuprine abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Isoxsuprine?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver, kidney or any respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about Isoxsuprine
- Should I follow any dietary instructions while taking Isoxsuprine tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of Isoxsuprine?
- What are the contraindications of Isoxsuprine?
- How should Isoxsuprine be stored?
- Is it safe to use Isoxsuprine in patients with haemophilia?
Follow the normal diet while using Isoxsuprine unless your doctor provides any dietary instructions.
Do not change the dose of Isoxsuprine unless suggested by the doctor.
Isoxsuprine is contraindicated in case of low blood pressure, bleeding disorders and tachycardia.
Store Isoxsuprine at room temperature (25 – 30°C), away from the light and moisture.
No. Isoxsuprine is not safe to use in patients with haemophilia.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.