DUOLIN Inhaler 200md
By Cipla Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is DUOLIN Inhaler used for?
DUOLIN Inhaler is used for the treatment of pulmonary diseases such as:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chronic bronchitis
DUOLIN Inhaler combination may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does DUOLIN Inhaler work?
In DUOLIN Inhaler, Ipratropium belongs to the class of drugs called anti-cholinergics. This drug acts on muscarinic receptors of the lungs and inhibits acetylcholine. Thus, it helps in preventing bronchospasm.
Levosalbutamol belongs to the class of drugs called as bronchodilators. It acts by relaxing the smooth muscles of the bronchial tubes. Thus, it helps in relaxing the airways in case of pulmonary diseases.
How to use DUOLIN Inhaler?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use DUOLIN Inhaler as prescribed by your doctor.
- For inhaler dosage form, place the inhaler in the mouth and press the inhaler to release the medicine and breathe slowly for 10 seconds to allow the medicine to reach your lungs.
- For respules and rotacap dosage forms, please read the instructions carefully provided on the leaflet.
If you miss a dose of DUOLIN Inhaler, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of DUOLIN Inhaler may include:
- Trouble breathing
- Chest pain
- Head ache
- Increased sweating
What are the drugs that interact with DUOLIN Inhaler?
Drugs that interact with DUOLIN Inhaler include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of DUOLIN Inhaler?
The following are the most common side effects of DUOLIN Inhaler:
- Muscle cramps
- Blurred vision
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Increased heartbeat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions DUOLIN Inhaler?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to DUOLIN Inhaler or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of DUOLIN Inhaler.
- Avoid DUOLIN Inhaler during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking DUOLIN Inhaler if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to use DUOLIN Inhaler if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking DUOLIN Inhaler?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart diseases, epilepsy, diabetes, glaucoma, over active thyroid, kidney and heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions about DUOLIN Inhaler
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while using DUOLIN Inhaler?
- What is the standard dose of DUOLIN Inhaler?
- How to store DUOLIN Inhaler?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of DUOLIN Inhaler?
- I am on DUOLIN Inhaler for asthma. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
A Special diet must be followed only if recommended by the doctor while using DUOLIN Inhaler.
DUOLIN Inhaler is recommended to use 2 – 4 times a day. A maximum of 12 puffs is advised to be used in 24 hours. However, please consult your doctor for dosage related information.
DUOLIN Inhaler must be stored below 30°C in a cool and dry place.
It is not advised to alter the dose of DUOLIN Inhaler.
No. Continue using DUOLIN Inhaler until your doctor advises to stop using it. Abrupt discontinuation may cause the illness to return.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.