What is DROTIKIND Injection used for?
DROTIKIND Injection tablet/syrup/injection is used for the treatment of muscle spasms, especially in the stomach and heart.
DROTIKIND Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does DROTIKIND Injection work?
DROTIKIND Injection belongs to the class of drugs called anti-spasmodics. The drug acts by inhibiting certain enzymes, thereby balancing the calcium uptake of the cells. Thus, it helps in relieving smooth muscle spasms and pain.
How to use DROTIKIND Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use DROTIKIND Injection tablet/syrup/injection as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- In case of syrup , shake the suspension well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug.
- Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
- DROTIKIND Injection injection should be administered subcutaneously into a muscle.
- Always use a disposable needle and syringe for injecting the medicine.
If you miss a dose of DROTIKIND Injection , please use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of DROTIKIND Injection include the following:
- Stomach discomfort
- Fall in blood pressure
- Increased heart rate
Please seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with DROTIKIND Injection ?
Drugs that interact with DROTIKIND Injection include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of DROTIKIND Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of DROTIKIND Injection :
- Dry mouth
- Allergic reaction
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Fall in blood pressure
- Difficulty in breathing
- Change in pulse rate
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using DROTIKIND Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to DROTIKIND Injection or similar drugs.
- Be cautious while using DROTIKIND Injection if you are suffering from porphyria (a genetic disorder of the blood and skin).
- Seek doctor’s advice before using any other drug or herbal products while on
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- It is not advisable to use DROTIKIND Injection during breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
You are advised not to use DROTIKIND Injection if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using DROTIKIND Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver or kidney disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you become pregnant while using
Frequently Asked Questions about DROTIKIND Injection
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using DROTIKIND Injection ?
- Is it safe to use DROTIKIND Injection while having heart disease?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of DROTIKIND Injection medication?
- Is it safe to use DROTIKIND Injection during pregnancy?
Yes, it is advised to have a check on your blood pressure as DROTIKIND Injection medication can lower your blood pressure levels.
It is not advisable to use DROTIKIND Injection medication if you are having a low cardiac output (where your heart pumps less amount of blood). However, please consult your doctor.
No. it is not advised to alter the dose of DROTIKIND Injection medicine may increase the risk of side effects.
It is not advisable to use DROTIKIND Injection during pregnancy. However, please consult your doctor for potential risks and benefits of DROTIKIND Injection during pregnancy.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.