What is DOXY 1 L DR Forte Capsule used for?
DOXY 1 L DR Forte Capsule capsule is used for the treatment of bacterial infections, such as:
- Sexually transmitted disease
- Skin infections
- Respiratory infections
- Eye infections
DOXY 1 L DR Forte Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does DOXY 1 L DR Forte Capsule work?
In DOXY 1 L DR Forte Capsule, Doxycycline belongs to the class of drugs called tetracyclines. It works by blocking the formation of bacterial protein. Thus, prevents the growth of bacteria.
Lactic Acid Bacillus is a probiotic. It helps in maintaining the balance of gut flora, which keeps the intestinal wall strong and prevents chronic diseases. Thus, maintains the overall health.
How to take DOXY 1 L DR Forte Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take DOXY 1 L DR Forte Capsule capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the DOXY 1 L DR Forte Capsule with or without food.
If you miss a dose of DOXY 1 L DR Forte Capsule, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with DOXY 1 L DR Forte Capsule?
Drugs that interact with DOXY 1 L DR Forte Capsule are:
- Vitamin A
What are the side effects of DOXY 1 L DR Forte Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of DOXY 1 L DR Forte Capsule:
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Intestinal gas
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Bloody diarrhoea
- Stomach cramps
- Blurred vision
- Chest pain
- Vision loss
- Severe abdominal pain
- Trouble breathing
- Swelling of the face, throat and tongue
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking DOXY 1 L DR Forte Capsule?
- Avoid DOXY 1 L DR Forte Capsule in case of allergic reactions.
- Keep the medicine out of reach of children.
- Avoid DOXY 1 L DR Forte Capsule during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Individuals suffering from intracranial hypertension should take the drug with caution.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if DOXY 1 L DR Forte Capsule cause dizziness or blurred vision.
You are advised not to take DOXY 1 L DR Forte Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking DOXY 1 L DR Forte Capsule?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing liver, kidney disease or bleeding problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any hypersensitivity to any of the drugs in DOXY 1 L DR Forte Capsule
Frequently Asked questions about DOXY 1 L DR Forte Capsule
- Will the use of DOXY 1 L DR Forte Capsule cause bleeding?
- How is DOXY 1 L DR Forte Capsule stored?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while on DOXY 1 L DR Forte Capsule?
- Is it safe to take Orlistat while taking DOXY 1 L DR Forte Capsule?
- Can I recommend DOXY 1 L DR Forte Capsule to a person suffering from the same condition?
Yes, bloody diarrhoea is one of the serious side effects of DOXY 1 L DR Forte Capsule. Therefore, inform the doctor immediately in case you experience this symptom.
DOXY 1 L DR Forte Capsule should be stored at room temperature between 20 – 25°C away from sunlight, heat and moisture.
Yes. It is advisable to drink plenty of water as diarrhoea is one of the side effects of DOXY 1 L DR Forte Capsule.
No, it is not advisable to take weight loss drugs, such as Orlistat while taking DOXY 1 L DR Forte Capsule as it may cause drug interactions. However, please consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
No, it is not advisable to recommend any drugs without medical supervision as the severity of the condition may differ in every individual.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.