DOXOLIN 400mg Tablet 30's
By Cadila Healthcare Ltd (Zydus) Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Rs.20.50 (71% Savings)
Rs.55.00 (23% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is DOXOLIN 400mg Tablet used for?
DOXOLIN 400mg Tablet tablet/syrup/injection is used for the treatment of lung diseases, such as chronic bronchitis, asthma, emphysema and reversible airway obstructions.
DOXOLIN 400mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does DOXOLIN 400mg Tablet work?
DOXOLIN 400mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called xanthines. The drug acts by inhibiting phosphodiesterase activities and enhances the bronchodilating effects. Thus, it increases the airflow to the lungs by relaxing the smooth muscles of airways that supply oxygen to the lungs.
How to use DOXOLIN 400mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use DOXOLIN 400mg Tablet tablet/syrup/injection as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- In case of syrup , shake the suspension well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
- DOXOLIN 400mg Tablet injection is administered subcutaneously into the muscle. Always use a disposable needle and syringe for injecting the medicine.
If you miss a dose of DOXOLIN 400mg Tablet, please use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
If you miss a dose of DOXOLIN 400mg Tablet injection, please consult your doctor immediately.
The overdose symptoms of DOXOLIN 400mg Tablet include the following:
- Increased heart rate
Please seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with DOXOLIN 400mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with DOXOLIN 400mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of DOXOLIN 400mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of DOXOLIN 400mg Tablet:
- Stomach pain
- Muscle weakness
- Increased heartbeat
- Increased blood sugar levels
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Epigastric pain
- Paroxysmal spasm
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using DOXOLIN 400mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to DOXOLIN 400mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before using any other drug or herbal products while on
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- Be cautious while using DOXOLIN 400mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Avoid DOXOLIN 400mg Tablet during breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Be cautious while using DOXOLIN 400mg Tablet medication if you have hyperthyroidism (elevated thyroid hormone levels).
You are advised not to use DOXOLIN 400mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using DOXOLIN 400mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart rhythm disorders or seizures.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering from influenza.
Frequently Asked Questions about DOXOLIN 400mg Tablet
- Is it safe to alter the dose of DOXOLIN 400mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to use DOXOLIN 400mg Tablet medication during pregnancy?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while using DOXOLIN 400mg Tablet?
- What are the contraindications of DOXOLIN 400mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to use DOXOLIN 400mg Tablet if I recently received flu vaccine?
No. Altering the dose of DOXOLIN 400mg Tablet is not advisable as it can increase the risk of side effects.
Consult your doctor regarding the potential risks and benefits of DOXOLIN 400mg Tablet medication during pregnancy.
Minimize the use of caffeine or caffeine-containing products while using DOXOLIN 400mg Tablet.
Be cautious while using DOXOLIN 400mg Tablet medication if you are suffering from peptic ulcer disease as it can worsen the existing symptoms.
Be cautious while using DOXOLIN 400mg Tablet medication if you have recently taken flu vaccination.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.