DOXOLIN 400mg Tablet 30's
|Available substitute||5 substitute/s available|
Rs.20.50 (71% Savings)
Rs.55.00 (23% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is Doxophylline used for?
Doxophylline tablet/syrup/injection is used for the treatment of lung diseases, such as chronic bronchitis, asthma, emphysema and reversible airway obstructions.
Doxophylline may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Doxophylline work?
Doxophylline belongs to the class of drugs called xanthines. The drug acts by inhibiting phosphodiesterase activities and enhances the bronchodilating effects. Thus, it increases the airflow to the lungs by relaxing the smooth muscles of airways that supply oxygen to the lungs.
How to use Doxophylline?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use Doxophylline tablet/syrup/injection as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- In case of syrup , shake the suspension well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
- Doxophylline injection is administered subcutaneously into the muscle. Always use a disposable needle and syringe for injecting the medicine.
If you miss a dose of Doxophylline, please use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
If you miss a dose of Doxophylline injection, please consult your doctor immediately.
The overdose symptoms of Doxophylline include the following:
- Increased heart rate
Please seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with Doxophylline?
Drugs that interact with Doxophylline include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Doxophylline?
The following are the most common side effects of Doxophylline:
- Stomach pain
- Muscle weakness
- Increased heartbeat
- Increased blood sugar levels
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Epigastric pain
- Paroxysmal spasm
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using Doxophylline?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Doxophylline or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before using any other drug or herbal products while on
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- Be cautious while using Doxophylline if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Avoid Doxophylline during breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Be cautious while using Doxophylline medication if you have hyperthyroidism (elevated thyroid hormone levels).
You are advised not to use Doxophylline if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using Doxophylline?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart rhythm disorders or seizures.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering from influenza.
Frequently Asked Questions about Doxophylline
- Is it safe to alter the dose of Doxophylline?
- Is it safe to use Doxophylline medication during pregnancy?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while using Doxophylline?
- What are the contraindications of Doxophylline?
- Is it safe to use Doxophylline if I recently received flu vaccine?
No. Altering the dose of Doxophylline is not advisable as it can increase the risk of side effects.
Consult your doctor regarding the potential risks and benefits of Doxophylline medication during pregnancy.
Minimize the use of caffeine or caffeine-containing products while using Doxophylline.
Be cautious while using Doxophylline medication if you are suffering from peptic ulcer disease as it can worsen the existing symptoms.
Be cautious while using Doxophylline medication if you have recently taken flu vaccination.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.