DOMSTAL BABY Drops 5ml
By Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is DOMSTAL Baby Drops used for?
DOMSTAL Baby Drops tablet, oral drop, syrup, suspension is used for relieving the symptoms of nausea and vomiting. Also, it is used to treat gastric motility disorders.
DOMSTAL Baby Drops may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does DOMSTAL Baby Drops work?
DOMSTAL Baby Drops belongs to the class of drugs called anti-emetic agents. The drug acts by facilitating the gastric emptying and reducing the small bowel transit time. Thereby, it lowers the oesophageal sphincter pressure and increases the oesophageal and gastric peristalsis.
How to take DOMSTAL Baby Drops?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take DOMSTAL Baby Drops tablet, oral drop, syrup/suspension as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug before taking food.
- In case of syrup , shake the suspension well before taking each dose to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
- For oral drops , measure the required amount of drug in a graduated dropper and instil into the mouth.
If you miss a dose of DOMSTAL Baby Drops, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of DOMSTAL Baby Drops include the following:
- Irregular eye movements
- Strange body movements
Please seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with DOMSTAL Baby Drops?
Drugs that interact with DOMSTAL Baby Drops include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of DOMSTAL Baby Drops?
The following are the most common side effects of DOMSTAL Baby Drops:
- Dry mouth
- Breast pain and tenderness
- Decreased libido
- Disrupted menstrual cycle
- Breast growth in men
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Skin Rash
- Breathing problems
- Swelling of the face, hands and feet
- Heart rhythm disorders
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking DOMSTAL Baby Drops?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to DOMSTAL Baby Drops or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on DOMSTAL Baby Drops medication.
- Be cautious while taking DOMSTAL Baby Drops medication if you have any intestinal disorders.
- Consult your doctor before taking DOMSTAL Baby Drops medication during breastfeeding.
- Be cautious while taking DOMSTAL Baby Drops medicine if you are suffering from a long-time electrolyte imbalance.
You are advised not to take DOMSTAL Baby Drops if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking DOMSTAL Baby Drops?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney or liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell the doctor if you have undergone any surgical procedure.
Frequently Asked Questions about DOMSTAL Baby Drops
- How should DOMSTAL Baby Drops be stored?
- How much time does DOMSTAL Baby Drops take to show its effect?
- Is it safe to take DOMSTAL Baby Drops medication while suffering from a liver disease?
- Is it safe to take DOMSTAL Baby Drops medication during pregnancy?
- Is DOMSTAL Baby Drops medication safe to use in geriatric patients?
DOMSTAL Baby Drops should be stored at room temperature (15 - 30°C) away from heat, light and moisture. Keep the medication out of reach of children.
It takes 30 to 60 minutes for DOMSTAL Baby Drops medication to show its effect.
It is not advisable to take DOMSTAL Baby Drops medicine while suffering from hepatic impairment.
Consult your doctor regarding the potential risks and benefits of DOMSTAL Baby Drops medication during pregnancy.
Be cautious while taking DOMSTAL Baby Drops medicine in older adults as they are more susceptible to the risk of side effects.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.