DK Gel 30gm
By Hegde & Hegde Pharmaceutica Llp Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is DK Gel used for?
DK Gel is used for the treatment of skin infections such as athlete’s foot, jock itch, ringworm and other fungal skin infections.
DK Gel may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does DK Gel work?
DK Gel belongs to the class of drugs called azole derivatives. This drug acts by inhibiting the synthesis of the fungal cell wall by interfering with the synthesis of ergosterol, which is required for fungal cell wall synthesis. This prevents the growth of the fungi.
How to apply DK Gel?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
Apply a thin layer over the affected area and rub it gently. Make sure that the area being treated should be clean and dry before applying the medication.
If you miss a dose of DK Gel, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with DK Gel?
Warfarin is known to interact with DK Gel. Please consult your doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of DK Gel?
The following are the most common side effects of DK Gel:
- Dry skin
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe redness
- Contact dermatitis
- Severe burning at the site of application
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using DK Gel?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to DK Gel or similar drugs.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid accidental contact of DK Gel with eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Do not store DK Gel near an open flame or direct heat.
What should you tell your doctor before using DK Gel?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver, heart, kidney and respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about DK Gel
- Is it safe to use DK Gel for treating fungal infections in HIV patients?
- Can I use cosmetics after applying DK Gel?
- Is it safe to use DK Gel for the treatment of tinea pedis in children?
- Is DK Gel recommended for the treatment of impetigo?
Yes. It is safe to use DK Gel for treating fungal infections in HIV patients. However, you must consult your doctor before using the drug.
You can apply cosmetics 30 minutes after the use of DK Gel. Consult the doctor for further information.
Yes. DK Gel can be used for the treatment of tinea pedis in children when prescribed by the doctor.
No. Impetigo is a bacterial infection, and DK Gel is used to treat only fungal infections.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.