DIAMICRON XR 60MG TABLET 14'S
By SERDIA PHARMACEUTICALS INDIA PVT LTD Prescription Needed
*Cashback validity: 31 days
*Cashback validity: 365 days
|Available substitute||14 substitute/s available|
Rs.51.00 (69% Savings)
Rs.62.70 (62% Savings)
|Out of stock|
Rs.82.50 (50% Savings)
Rs.90.00 (46% Savings)
Rs.91.00 (45% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is Gliclazide used for?
Gliclazide is an anti-diabetic medicine, which is used to control blood sugar levels in patients with type 2 diabetes. Gliclazide should be used in conjunction with diet and exercise regimen.
Gliclazide may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Gliclazide work?
Gliclazide is an anti-diabetic medicine and belongs to sulfonylurea class of insulin secretagogues. Gliclazide acts by stimulating the pancreatic cells to release insulin. The endogenously produced insulin helps in lowering the glucose concentration in the blood.
How to take Gliclazide?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Gliclazide as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole, but do not crush or chew the tablet. Gliclazide tablet should be taken before breakfast or first meal of the day.
If you miss a dose of Gliclazide, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with Gliclazide?
Drugs that interact with Gliclazide include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Gliclazide?
The following are the most common side effects of Gliclazide:
- Stomach upset
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Loss of consciousness
- Blurred vision
- Sore throat
- Fast heartbeat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions Gliclazide?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Gliclazide or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on Gliclazide.
- Avoid Gliclazide during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of Gliclazide.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking Gliclazide if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
You are advised not to take Gliclazide if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Gliclazide?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney or liver problem, thyroid problem, diabetic ketoacidosis, or any infection.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about Gliclazide:
- I am on Gliclazide for type 2 diabetes. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- How should Gliclazide be stored?
- What are the other formulations available for Gliclazide?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of Gliclazide?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while on Gliclazide drug?
No. Continue using Gliclazide until your doctor advises you to stop using it. Abrupt discontinuation would lead to changes in the blood sugar levels.
Store the drug at room temperature and avoid exposure to sunlight and moisture.
Gliclazide medicine is available as tablets and capsules.
No, you should not alter the dose of Gliclazide unless instructed by the doctor.
Gliclazide is used to lower the blood sugar level in type 2 diabetes patients. However, you must check your blood glucose levels on regular basis to reduce the risk of hypoglycaemia (decrease in blood sugar levels).
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.