DEPO MEDROL Injection 1ml
By Pfizer Limited Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Rs.46.76 (33% Savings)
Rs.46.98 (33% Savings)
Rs.47.67 (32% Savings)
Rs.64.89 (7% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is DEPO MEDROL Injection used for?
DEPO MEDROL Injection is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Ulcerative colitis
- Allergic disorders
- Endocrine disorders
- Skin conditions
- Eye conditions
- Blood cell disorder
- Lung disorders
- Nervous disorders
- Stomach disorders
DEPO MEDROL Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does DEPO MEDROL Injection work?
DEPO MEDROL Injection belongs to the class of drugs called corticosteroids. This drug acts by interfering with the inflammatory mediators and suppresses the humoral immune response. They mainly act on the potent mediators of inflammation, which control the biosynthesis.
How to use DEPO MEDROL Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- DEPO MEDROL Injection injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of DEPO MEDROL Injection , please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of DEPO MEDROL Injection may include:
- Severe headache
- Severe dizziness
- Shallow breathing
- Numbness of arms and legs
What are the drugs that interact with DEPO MEDROL Injection ?
Drugs that interact with DEPO MEDROL Injection include the following:
- Mumps virus vaccine
- Small pox virus
- Yellow fever vaccine
- Zoster vaccine live
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of DEPO MEDROL Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of DEPO MEDROL Injection :
- Trouble breathing
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Mood changes
- Mental depression
- Weight gain
- Shortness of breath
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using DEPO MEDROL Injection ?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to DEPO MEDROL Injection or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Be cautious while using DEPO MEDROL Injection , if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Consult the doctor before using any other drug along with DEPO MEDROL Injection .
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
You are advised not to use DEPO MEDROL Injection if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using DEPO MEDROL Injection ?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of bleeding disorders, kidney and liver problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked questions about DEPO MEDROL Injection
- Can I receive any vaccine while on DEPO MEDROL Injection ?
- Can I consume grapefruit juice when using DEPO MEDROL Injection ?
- What are the contraindications of DEPO MEDROL Injection ?
- What are the other formulations of DEPO MEDROL Injection available?
You should not receive any vaccinations while on DEPO MEDROL Injection . Consult your doctor for further information.
No. Do not consume either grape fruit or grape juice while on DEPO MEDROL Injection .
Contraindications of DEPO MEDROL Injection include untreated tuberculosis, hypothyroidism, diabetes, chronic heart failure, high blood sugars, and untreated systemic fungal infections.
DEPO MEDROL Injection is available as an injectable powder, oral tablet, injectable suspension, and compounding powder.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.