DAFLON 500mg Tablet 10's
What is Diosmin used for?
Diosmin is used to treat symptoms such as swollen legs, varicose veins and nocturnal cramps caused by chronic venous disease. It is also used to treat acute haemorrhoidal attacks and prevents bleeding.
Diosmin may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Diosmin work?
Diosmin is obtained from citrus fruit plants. This drug acts by prolonging the vasoconstrictor effect of noradrenaline on the wall of the vein. This reduces pressure on the veins in people suffering from chronic venous disease.
Diosmin helps in protecting blood circulation in small blood vessels by reducing capillary hyperpermeability and increasing the capillary resistance. Thus, it prevents the damage caused to microcirculation.
How to take Diosmin?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Diosmin as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take Diosmin with or without food.
If you miss a dose of Diosmin, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with Diosmin?
Please consult your doctor for the possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Diosmin?
The following are the most common side effects of Diosmin:
- Upset stomach
- Unusual taste in the mouth
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Difficulty breathing
- Trouble swallowing
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions Diosmin?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on Diosmin
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if Diosmin causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may cause excessive drowsiness when taken with Diosmin.
- Keep the medicine away from children.
You are advised not to take Diosmin if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Diosmin?
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to Diosmin.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor about the pre-existing heart, liver or kidney problems.
Frequently Asked Questions about Diosmin
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while taking Diosmin?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of Diosmin?
- How long can I take Diosmin?
- Is Diosmin safe during pregnancy?
Yes, it is advised to have soft or liquid foods as you may have trouble swallowing the food while taking Diosmin. However, please consult your doctor.
No, Diosmin dose is prescribed depending on the severity of the condition. Therefore, altering the dose is not advised. However, please consult your doctor.
It is recommended to take Diosmin for the prescribed duration. Discontinuing the medication may cause the illness to return.
Please consult your doctor to evaluate risks and benefits of Diosmin during pregnancy.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.