CYSTOPEN Capsule 10's
By Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is CYSTOPEN Capsule used for?
CYSTOPEN Capsule is used for relieving bladder pain and discomfort due to interstitial cystitis.
CYSTOPEN Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does CYSTOPEN Capsule work?
CYSTOPEN Capsule belongs to the class of drugs called low-molecular-weight heparins. This drug acts by binding to the fibroblast growth factors and heparin-binding growth factors. Thus, it reduces the bladder irritation.
How to take CYSTOPEN Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take CYSTOPEN Capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the whole capsule. Do not cut, tear or suck the capsule. Take the drug on an empty stomach with a full glass of water.
If you miss a dose of CYSTOPEN Capsule, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with CYSTOPEN Capsule?
Drugs that interact with CYSTOPEN Capsule include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of CYSTOPEN Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of CYSTOPEN Capsule:
- Stomach upset
- Sores in mouth
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Bleeding gums
- Trouble in breathing
- Unusual tiredness
- Mood swings
- Irregular heartbeat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking CYSTOPEN Capsule?
- Avoid taking this medicine if you are allergic to CYSTOPEN Capsule or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of CYSTOPEN Capsule.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if CYSTOPEN Capsule causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid CYSTOPEN Capsule during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Avoid injury as you may bleed more easily while on CYSTOPEN Capsule therapy.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
You are advised not to take CYSTOPEN Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering, or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking CYSTOPEN Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver, kidney and respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about CYSTOPEN Capsule
- Is it safe to use CYSTOPEN Capsule in a patient with a history of stomach ulcers?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking CYSTOPEN Capsule?
- What are the contraindications of CYSTOPEN Capsule?
- What are the overdose symptoms of CYSTOPEN Capsule?
- What is the usual dose of CYSTOPEN Capsule for cystitis?
No. CYSTOPEN Capsule should not be used in a patient with a history of stomach ulcer, as it may increase the risk of bleeding.
Follow a regular diet while taking CYSTOPEN Capsule, unless any dietary instruction provided by the doctor.
CYSTOPEN Capsule is contraindicated in haemophilia, thrombocytopenia, and diverticulitis.
The overdose symptoms of CYSTOPEN Capsule may include passing out, trouble in breathing, and unusual bleeding. You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
The usual recommended dose of CYSTOPEN Capsule for cystitis is 100 mg thrice daily.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.