What is CREON 25000?
- CREON 25000 contains an enzyme mixture called “pancreatin” which helps to digest food. The enzymes are taken from pig pancreas glands
WARNING & PRECAUTIONS
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Talk to your doctor before using CREON 25000,
- if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to pig pancreatin or to any of the other ingredients of CREON 25000of this medicine
- Talk to your doctor before taking this medicine if you are pregnant, might become pregnant or are breast-feeding. Your doctor will decide if you should take CREON 25000 and at which dose
- Always take CREON 25000 exactly as your doctor has told you
- Always take CREON 25000 during or after a meal or a snack which allow the enzymes to mix thoroughly with the food and digest it as it passes through the gut
- Swallow the medicine whole
- Do not crush or chew the medicine
- Your doctor will adjust your dose to suit you
If you use more CREON 25000
- If you take more CREON 25000 than you should, drink plenty of water and talk to a doctor. Very high doses of pancreatin have sometimes caused too much uric acid in the urine and blood
If you forget to take CREON 25000
- If you forget a dose, take your next dose at the usual time, with your next meal. Do not try to make up for the dose that you have missed
If you stop taking CREON 25000
- Do not stop taking CREON 25000 without first talking to your doctor
Like all medicines, CREON 25000 can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
- serious allergic (hypersensitive) reactions may be caused by CREON 25000 which include trouble with breathing or swollen lips
- Fibrosing colonopathy”, where your gut is narrowed, has been reported in patients with cystic fibrosis taking high dose pancreatin products
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.