COVERSYL AM 4/5mg Tablet 10's
By Serdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is COVERSYL AM 4/5mg Tablet used for?
COVERSYL AM 4/5mg Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension).
COVERSYL AM 4/5mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does COVERSYL AM 4/5mg Tablet work?
In COVERSYL AM 4/5mg Tablet, Amlodipine Besylate belongs to the class of drugs called calcium channel blockers. The drug acts by blocking the entry of calcium ions into the smooth muscles of the myocardium, thereby causing relaxation of vascular smooth muscles. Thus, it increases the supply of oxygen to the myocardial tissues and reduces blood pressure.
Perindopril belongs to the class of drugs called ACE inhibitors. The drug acts by inhibiting certain enzymes, resulting in increased fluid retention and reduced aldosterone levels. Thus, it helps in decreasing the blood pressure.
How to take COVERSYL AM 4/5mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take COVERSYL AM 4/5mg Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of COVERSYL AM 4/5mg Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of COVERSYL AM 4/5mg Tablet include the following:
- Severe dizziness
- Low blood pressure
Please seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with COVERSYL AM 4/5mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with COVERSYL AM 4/5mg Tablet include the following:
- Phenyl salicylate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of COVERSYL AM 4/5mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of COVERSYL AM 4/5mg Tablet:
- Stomach pain
- Swelling of the face, arms or face
- Unusual weight changes
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Trouble breathing
- Irregular heartbeat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking COVERSYL AM 4/5mg Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to COVERSYL AM 4/5mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on COVERSYL AM 4/5mg Tablet.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of COVERSYL AM 4/5mg Tablet.
- Avoid taking COVERSYL AM 4/5mg Tablet during breastfeeding as it can cause harm to the nursing infant.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if COVERSYL AM 4/5mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take COVERSYL AM 4/5mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.