Rs.55.00 (44% Savings)
Rs.75.00 (24% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is COSKLOT 250mg Tablet used for?
COSKLOT 250mg Tablet injection/tablet is used for the prevention of excessive blood loss during a surgical procedure or menstrual period.
COSKLOT 250mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does COSKLOT 250mg Tablet work?
COSKLOT 250mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called haemostatic agents. The drug acts by increasing the platelet adhesiveness and capillary resistance. Thus, it decreases bleeding time and prevents the blood loss.
How to use COSKLOT 250mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use COSKLOT 250mg Tablet injection/tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- COSKLOT 250mg Tablet injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of COSKLOT 250mg Tablet, please use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of COSKLOT 250mg Tablet include the following:
- Skin rash
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with COSKLOT 250mg Tablet?
Consult your doctor for the potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of COSKLOT 250mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of COSKLOT 250mg Tablet:
- Skin rash
- Pain at the site of injection
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Low blood pressure
- High fever
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using COSKLOT 250mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to COSKLOT 250mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of COSKLOT 250mg Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if COSKLOT 250mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid COSKLOT 250mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to use COSKLOT 250mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using COSKLOT 250mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney, liver or heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you get pregnant while using COSKLOT 250mg Tablet.
Frequently Asked Questions about COSKLOT 250mg Tablet
- How should COSKLOT 250mg Tablet injection be stored?
- What is the oral recommended dose of COSKLOT 250mg Tablet for treating menorrhagia?
- What are the contraindications of COSKLOT 250mg Tablet?
COSKLOT 250mg Tablet injection should be stored at room temperature, away from heat, light and moisture.
The oral recommended dose of COSKLOT 250mg Tablet for treating menorrhagia is 500mg four times in a day. However, please consult your doctor for dose-related queries.
COSKLOT 250mg Tablet is contraindicated in blood and clotting disorders.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.