CORTEL M 25mg Tablet 15'S
By Corona Remedies Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
What is CORTEL M 25MG TABLET used for?
CORTEL M 25MG TABLET is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Heart failure
- Heart attack
- Chest pain
- Kidney problems
CORTEL M 25MG TABLET may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does CORTEL M 25MG TABLET work?
In CORTEL M 25MG TABLET, Metoprolol Succinate belongs to the class of drugs called anti-hypertensives. This drug helps in blocking the beta receptors, which relaxes the blood vessels and slows down the heart rate, cardiac output and blood pressure.
Telmisartan belongs to the class of drugs called angiotensin receptor blockers. It works by vasoconstriction, which lowers the blood pressure. It also acts by blocking the synthesis of aldosterone.
How to take CORTEL M 25MG TABLET?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take CORTEL M 25MG TABLET as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take CORTEL M 25MG TABLET with or without food.
If you miss a dose of CORTEL M 25MG TABLET, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with CORTEL M 25MG TABLET?
Drugs that interact with CORTEL M 25MG TABLET are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of CORTEL M 25MG TABLET?
The following are the most common side effects, of CORTEL M 25MG TABLET:
- Back pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Sinus inflammation
- Increased blood potassium levels
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking CORTEL M 25MG TABLET?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on CORTEL M 25MG TABLET
- Avoid CORTEL M 25MG TABLET during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if the CORTEL M 25MG TABLET cause dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid CORTEL M 25MG TABLET in case of allergic reactions.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take CORTEL M 25MG TABLET if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking CORTEL M 25MG TABLET?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing bleeding problems, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any hypersensitivity to any of the drugs in CORTEL M 25MG TABLET
Frequently Asked questions about CORTEL M 25MG TABLET
- Is it safe to take CORTEL M 25MG TABLET in case of chronic bronchitis?
- Can I consume alcohol while on CORTEL M 25MG TABLET?
- Is it common to develop symptoms such as increased thirst or urination while on CORTEL M 25MG TABLET?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while on CORTEL M 25MG TABLET?
It is not advisable to take CORTEL M 25MG TABLET for people having a history of chronic bronchitis, as it may worsen side effects. However, please consult your doctor.
Do not consume alcohol while taking CORTEL M 25MG TABLET as it may cause excessive drowsiness.
Increased thirst or urination may be an indication of high blood sugar. Therefore, notify your doctor immediately as you may have to check your blood sugar levels.
Do not have potassium-rich foods, such as banana and broccoli as CORTEL M 25MG TABLET may increase the level of potassium in the blood.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.