COMPLAMINA 150mg Tablet 10's
What is Xanthinol Nicotinate used for?
Xanthinol Nicotinate is used for the treatment of memory disorders, such as lack of concentration and short-term memory loss.
Xanthinol Nicotinate may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Xanthinol Nicotinate work?
Xanthinol Nicotinate belongs to the class of drugs called as the peripheral vasodilators. This drug acts by improving blood flow to the brain and arteries, which improves glucose metabolism and stimulates memory and concentration levels in the brain.
How to use Xanthinol Nicotinate?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use Xanthinol nicotinate as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- Xanthinol nicotinate injection must be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of Xanthinol Nicotinate, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with Xanthinol Nicotinate?
Consult your doctor for potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Xanthinol Nicotinate?
The following are the most common side effects of Xanthinol Nicotinate:
- Itching of skin
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Feeling of warmth
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using Xanthinol Nicotinate?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Xanthinol Nicotinate or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while using Xanthinol Nicotinate if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Avoid using Xanthinol nicotinate if you are pregnant as the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
You are advised not to use Xanthinol Nicotinate if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using Xanthinol Nicotinate?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of gout, bleeding disorders and liver disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions about Xanthinol Nicotinate
- What are the contraindications of Xanthinol Nicotinate?
- How long should I use Xanthinol Nicotinate?
- Can I alter the dose of Xanthinol Nicotinate?
Xanthinol Nicotinate is contraindicated in patients with acute haemorrhage, acute myocardial infarction, congestive heart diseases and severe hypotension.
Xanthinol Nicotinate must be used for the prescribed duration. Please consult your doctor if you should discontinue the drug.
No, it is not advised to alter the dose of Xanthinol Nicotinate without medical consultation.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.