COMBIGAN Eye Drops 5ml
By Allergan India Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is COMBIGAN Eye Drops used for?
COMBIGAN Eye Drops eye drops are used for the treatment of ocular hypertension (high pressure inside the eye) due to glaucoma.
COMBIGAN Eye Drops may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does COMBIGAN Eye Drops work?
In COMBIGAN Eye Drops, Brimonidine belongs to the class of drugs called alpha agonists. The drug acts by suppressing the activity of certain enzymes and reducing the aqueous humor flow, thereby resulting in the vasoconstriction of the blood vessels and increases the uveoscleral outflow.
Timolol belongs to the class of drugs called beta-blockers. The drug acts by reducing the secretion of aqueous humor by increasing the peripheral vascular resistance. Therefore, it lowers the risk of optic nerve damage in patients with glaucoma.
How to use COMBIGAN Eye Drops?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use COMBIGAN Eye Drops eye drops as prescribed by your doctor.
- Instil one or two eye drops into the conjunctival sac of the eye and close your eyes for at least 10 minutes. Do not allow the container tip to touch the eye or surrounding tissue.
If you miss a dose of COMBIGAN Eye Drops, please use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of COMBIGAN Eye Drops include:
- Decreased blood pressure or pulse
- Tightness in the chest
- Difficulty breathing
- Chest pain or discomfort
Please seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with COMBIGAN Eye Drops?
Drugs that interact with COMBIGAN Eye Drops include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of COMBIGAN Eye Drops?
The following are the most common side effects of COMBIGAN Eye Drops:
- Burning or itchy eyes
- Stinging in the eyes
- Swelling of the eye
- Redness or pain in the eye
- Dry eyes
- Temporary blurred vision
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Eye pain
- Discharge from the eyes
- Shallow breathing
- Numbness in your hands or feet
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using COMBIGAN Eye Drops?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to COMBIGAN Eye Drops or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if COMBIGAN Eye Drops causes blurred vision.
- Keep the medication out of the reach of children.
- If you have to use more than one drug, leave a gap of 5 to 10 minutes before you instil other eye drops.
- Avoid using COMBIGAN Eye Drops eye drops if the contents of the bottle have any particles.
You are advised not to use COMBIGAN Eye Drops if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using COMBIGAN Eye Drops?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney, liver, lung, heart or any blood vessel diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about COMBIGAN Eye Drops
- Is it safe to instil a few extra drops of COMBIGAN Eye Drops medication for a faster recovery?
- Can I continue using COMBIGAN Eye Drops eye drops if there is a persistent eye irritation?
- How should COMBIGAN Eye Drops be stored?
- Is it safe to use COMBIGAN Eye Drops medicine while using other eye drops?
- Is it safe to use COMBIGAN Eye Drops eye drops while having an eye infection?
It is not advised to use an extra dose of COMBIGAN Eye Drops than prescribed.
Discontinue the use of COMBIGAN Eye Drops medicine and consult a doctor immediately if you experience persistent eye irritation.
COMBIGAN Eye Drops medicine should be stored at room temperature away from heat and moisture. Ensure that the lid of the bottle is tightly closed after the use.
Consult your doctor before using COMBIGAN Eye Drops eye drops along with any other topical ophthalmic medication.
Consult your doctor before using COMBIGAN Eye Drops medicine while having an eye infection.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.