What is COF Q Tablet used for?
COF Q Tablet (in the lozenge and tablet form) is used for the treatment of sore throat and dry cough.
COF Q Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does COF Q Tablet work?
In COF Q Tablet, Amylmetacresol belongs to the class of drugs called anti-septic drugs. The drug acts by reducing the infection of mouth and throat, thereby providing relief from cough and sore throat.
Dextromethorphan belongs to the class of drugs called anti-tussive drugs. The drug acts by antagonising the action of certain receptors in the brain and reduces cough.
How to take COF Q Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take COF Q Tablet tablet, lozenges as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take COF Q Tablet with or without food.
- Place COF Q Tablet lozenges in the mouth and allow it to dissolve slowly.
If you miss a dose of COF Q Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with COF Q Tablet?
Drugs that interact with COF Q Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of COF Q Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of COF Q Tablet:
- Tongue soreness
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble in breathing
- Blurred vision
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking COF Q Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to COF Q Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of COF Q Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if COF Q Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid COF Q Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take COF Q Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking COF Q Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have had liver, kidney, heart or any other respiratory problems.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about COF Q Tablet
- How should COF Q Tablet be stored?
- Can COF Q Tablet be used for treating cough caused due to asthma?
- Should I follow any dietary restrictions while taking COF Q Tablet?
Store COF Q Tablet at room temperature away from heat, light and moisture.
No. COF Q Tablet is not recommended for treating cough caused due to asthma.
Yes, it is advised to avoid caffeinated foods such as coffee, tea and chocolates while taking COF Q Tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.