What is CLOTRIN Ear Drops used for?
CLOTRIN Ear Drops combination ear drops are used for the treatment of ear pain.
CLOTRIN Ear Drops combination may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does CLOTRIN Ear Drops combination work?
In CLOTRIN Ear Drops combination, Clotrimazole belongs to the class of anti-fungal drugs. The drug acts by restricting the growth of fungus. Thus, it helps in decreasing the fungal infections.
Lignocaine belongs to the class of local anaesthetic agents. It works by blocking the pain signals to reach the brain, thereby relieving pain.
How to use CLOTRIN Ear Drops combination?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use CLOTRIN Ear Drops combination ear drops as prescribed by your doctor.
- Instil the prescribed number of ear drops into the ear with the help of dropper and let the head tilted for 2 to 5 minutes.
If you miss a dose of CLOTRIN Ear Drops combination, please use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with CLOTRIN Ear Drops combination?
Drugs that interact with CLOTRIN Ear Drops combination include the following:
- Amphotericin B
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of CLOTRIN Ear Drops combination?
The following are the most common side effects of CLOTRIN Ear Drops combination:
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Foreign body sensation in ear
- Redness of skin
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using CLOTRIN Ear Drops combination?
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- If you have to use more than one drug, leave a gap of 5 to 10 minutes before you instil other ear drops.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to use CLOTRIN Ear Drops combination if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.