CLOTAN Capsule 10's
By Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is CLOTAN Capsule used for?
CLOTAN Capsule is used for the treatment of acute migraine attacks. It is also used to treat mild to moderate pain.
CLOTAN Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does CLOTAN Capsule work?
CLOTAN Capsule belongs to the class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. The drug acts by inhibiting the inflammatory mediator synthesis in the body. Thus, it exhibits the anti-inflammatory, analgesic and anti-pyretic effects.
How to take CLOTAN Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take CLOTAN Capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the capsule. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of CLOTAN Capsule, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of CLOTAN Capsule may include:
- Epigastric pain
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with CLOTAN Capsule?
Drugs that interact with CLOTAN Capsule include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of CLOTAN Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of CLOTAN Capsule:
- Abdominal pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Black tarry stools
- Blood vomiting
- Blurry vision
- Cardiac failure
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Redness and peeling of the skin
- Severe diarrhoea
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking CLOTAN Capsule?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to CLOTAN Capsule or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if CLOTAN Capsule causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of CLOTAN Capsule.
- Avoid CLOTAN Capsule during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Be cautious while taking CLOTAN Capsule if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to take CLOTAN Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking CLOTAN Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of bronchial asthma and coagulation disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are suffering or had a previous history of stroke, ischemic heart disease, peripheral heart disease and uncontrolled hypertension.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about CLOTAN Capsule
- I am on CLOTAN Capsule for migraine pain. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking CLOTAN Capsule?
- How should CLOTAN Capsule be stored?
No, it is not advised to discontinue the medication without doctor’s consent.
Yes, it is advised to monitor your liver function regularly while taking Tolfenamic acid.
Store CLOTAN Capsule below 25? C. Do not refrigerate or freeze the medicine.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.