CLOSTAR gm Cream 16gm
By Mankind Pharma Pvt Ltd
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is CLOSTAR GM Cream used for?
CLOSTAR GM Cream cream is used for the treatment of certain skin infections. It is used for treating the following conditions:
- Athlete’s foot
- Jock itch
CLOSTAR GM Cream may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does CLOSTAR GM Cream work?
In CLOSTAR GM Cream, Clobetasol Propionate belongs to the class of drugs called corticosteroids. The drug acts by inhibiting the release of certain inflammatory mediators, which causes inflammation. Thus, it helps in reducing inflammation.
Clotrimazole belongs to the class of drugs called anti-fungal agents. The drug acts by inhibiting the synthesis of the fungal cell membrane and inhibits the growth of fungi. Thus, it reduces the infection.
Neomycin belongs to the class of drugs called aminoglycoside antibiotics. The drug acts by interfering with the synthesis of proteins and stops the growth of bacteria in the intestine. Thus, it reduces the bacterial infection.
How to apply CLOSTAR GM Cream?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Apply CLOSTAR GM Cream cream as prescribed by your doctor.
- Wash and dry the affected area. Apply a thin layer of CLOSTAR GM Cream cream to the affected area and rub gently.
If you miss a dose of CLOSTAR GM Cream, please apply it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not apply a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with CLOSTAR GM Cream?
Drugs that interact with CLOSTAR GM Cream include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of CLOSTAR GM Cream?
The following are the most common side effects of CLOSTAR GM Cream:
- Skin redness
- Skin itching
- Skin irritation
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Skin peeling
- Skin tenderness
- Severe skin rash
- Stretch marks
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while applying CLOSTAR GM Cream?
- Avoid applying the medicine if you are allergic to CLOSTAR GM Cream or similar drugs.
- Do not stop applying the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Avoid accidental contact of CLOSTAR GM Cream with eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Do not apply CLOSTAR GM Cream to the sunburned skin.
- Do not store CLOSTAR GM Cream near an open flame or direct heat.
You are advised not to apply CLOSTAR GM Cream if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before applying CLOSTAR GM Cream?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver, kidney or other skin diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about CLOSTAR GM Cream
- How should CLOSTAR GM Cream be stored?
- Can I apply CLOSTAR GM Cream while using cosmetics?
- Is it common to experience redness of skin at the site of application?
CLOSTAR GM Cream should be stored at room temperature (15-30°C) away from heat, light and moisture.
No. It is not advisable to use any other cosmetics for at least 30 minutes after applying CLOSTAR GM Cream.
Yes. Redness of skin is one of the common side effects of CLOSTAR GM Cream. Consult a doctor if the condition gets worse.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.