CITAL Syrup 100ml
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is CITAL Syrup used for?
CITAL Syrup tablet, syrup, liquid is used for urine alkalinisation.
CITAL Syrup may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does CITAL Syrup work?
CITAL Syrup belongs to the class of drugs called urinary alkalinisers. The drug acts by getting metabolized to bicarbonate ions, which increases the pH of urine by the elimination of free bicarbonate ions. Thus, helps in treating the condition.
How to take CITAL Syrup?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take CITAL Syrup tablet, syrup/ liquid as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- In case of syrup/liquid , shake the suspension well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of CITAL Syrup, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with CITAL Syrup?
Drugs that interact with CITAL Syrup include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of CITAL Syrup?
The following are the most common side effects of CITAL Syrup:
- Stomach cramps
- Increase production of urine
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Mood swings
- Swelling and numbness in extremities
- Muscle spasms
- Irregular heartbeat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking CITAL Syrup?
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of CITAL Syrup.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take CITAL Syrup if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking CITAL Syrup?
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any history of allergic reaction with the usage of CITAL Syrup.
- Tell your doctor if you become pregnant while taking CITAL Syrup.
Frequently Asked Questions about CITAL Syrup
- How is CITAL Syrup stored?
- What are the contraindications of CITAL Syrup?
- Can I recommend this medication to others?
CITAL Syrup should be stored at cool temperature away from light and heat.
CITAL Syrup is contraindicated in patients with hyperosmolar states, hypertension and oedema.
It is not advisable to recommend drugs to others as the severity of the condition and medical history is not same for every individual.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.