|Out of stock|
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is CILDAY 5mg Tablet used for?
CILDAY 5mg Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension.
CILDAY 5mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does CILDAY 5mg Tablet work?
CILDAY 5mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called calcium-channel blockers. It works by inhibiting the influx of calcium ions, thereby inhibiting the contraction of the smooth muscles. Thus, it helps in decreasing the blood pressure.
How to take CILDAY 5mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take CILDAY 5mg Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of CILDAY 5mg Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with CILDAY 5mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with CILDAY 5mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of CILDAY 5mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of CILDAY 5mg Tablet:
- Gastrointestinal disturbance
- Muscle ache
- Allergic reaction
- Low blood pressure
- Chest pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Thickening of the gums
- Abnormal liver function
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking CILDAY 5mg Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to CILDAY 5mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Be cautious while taking CILDAY 5mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on CILDAY 5mg Tablet.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of CILDAY 5mg Tablet.
You are advised not to take CILDAY 5mg Tablet
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking CILDAY 5mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, kidney or liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about CILDAY 5mg Tablet
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking CILDAY 5mg Tablet?
- Can I take carbamazepine while on CILDAY 5mg Tablet medication?
- Can I stop taking CILDAY 5mg Tablet if I feel better?
Yes, urinary vanillylmandelic acid (VMA) should be monitored while taking CILDAY 5mg Tablet.
Consult your doctor before using any other drugs while on CILDAY 5mg Tablet medication.
No. It is advised to take CILDAY 5mg Tablet for the prescribed duration. Abrupt discontinuation would cause adverse effects.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.