CILACAR M 10/50mg Tablet 10's
By J.B.Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd Prescription Needed
What is CILACAR M 10/50mg Tablet used for?
CILACAR M 10/50mg Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension and angina.
CILACAR M 10/50mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does CILACAR M 10/50mg Tablet work?
In CILACAR M 10/50mg Tablet, Cilnidipine belongs to the class of drugs called calcium channel blockers. It works by interfering with the calcium activity in the vascular smooth muscle resulting in vasodilation. Thus, it helps in decreasing blood pressure.
Metoprolol belongs to the class of drugs called beta-blockers. It helps in preventing the action of certain chemicals on the heart and blood vessels and causes vasodilation. Thus, it helps to decrease blood pressure.
How to take CILACAR M 10/50mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take CILACAR M 10/50mg Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of CILACAR M 10/50mg Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with CILACAR M 10/50mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with CILACAR M 10/50mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of CILACAR M 10/50mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of CILACAR M 10/50mg Tablet:
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Loss of vision
- Muscle pain
- Swelling of the face, hands and feet
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking CILACAR M 10/50mg Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to CILACAR M 10/50mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if CILACAR M 10/50mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid CILACAR M 10/50mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take CILACAR M 10/50mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking CILACAR M 10/50mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of heart, liver or kidney disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about CILACAR M 10/50mg Tablet
- How should CILACAR M 10/50mg Tablet be stored?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking CILACAR M 10/50mg Tablet?
- How long can I take CILACAR M 10/50mg Tablet?
It should be stored at room temperature (15 to 30°C) away from heat and moisture.
Yes. It is advisable to follow low-salt or no-salt diet as suggested by your doctor.
You are advised to take CILACAR M 10/50mg Tablet as per the prescription. Consult your doctor before stopping the medication.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.