Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.
Rs.39.37 (65% Savings)
Rs.40.11 (65% Savings)
Rs.40.67 (64% Savings)
Rs.40.99 (64% Savings)
Rs.40.99 (64% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is CEDROX 500mg Tablet used for?
CEDROX 500mg Tablet oral drop/syrup/tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections.
CEDROX 500mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does CEDROX 500mg Tablet work?
CEDROX 500mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called cephalosporins. The drug acts by inhibiting the bacterial cell wall synthesis, thereby causing bacterial cell death.
How to take CEDROX 500mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take CEDROX 500mg Tablet oral drop/syrup/tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- Shake the syrup well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
- Please follow the instruction provided on the leaflet while using this oral drop .
If you miss a dose of CEDROX 500mg Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of CEDROX 500mg Tablet include the following:
- Clouded consciousness
Please seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with CEDROX 500mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with CEDROX 500mg Tablet include the following:
- Cholera vaccine
- Mycophenolic acid
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of CEDROX 500mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of CEDROX 500mg Tablet:
- General discomfort
- Muscle pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Bleeding gums
- Chest pain
- Fast heartbeat
- Lower back or side pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking CEDROX 500mg Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to CEDROX 500mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of CEDROX 500mg Tablet.
- Avoid CEDROX 500mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take CEDROX 500mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking CEDROX 500mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver or kidney disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you get pregnant while taking CEDROX 500mg Tablet.
Frequently Asked Questions about CEDROX 500mg Tablet
- Is it common to experience nosebleed while taking CEDROX 500mg Tablet?
- What are the contraindications of CEDROX 500mg Tablet?
- How should CEDROX 500mg Tablet be stored?
No. Nosebleed is a serious side effect of CEDROX 500mg Tablet. Please consult the doctor if you experience nosebleeds.
CEDROX 500mg Tablet is contraindicated if you have seizures, colitis or undergoing dialysis.
CEDROX 500mg Tablet should be stored at room temperature (15 – 30° C) away from light, heat and moisture.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.