What is CB LIN?
- CB LIN contains cabergoline which belongs to dopamine agonists
WARNING & PRECAUTIONS
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Talk to your doctor before taking CB LIN, if you:
- are allergic to cabergoline or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- have a problem affecting your heart valves
- have heart disease or severe chest problems (such as pleurisy)
- have Raynaud’s syndrome (causing cold hands and feet)
- have liver disease
- had fibrotic reactions (scar tissue) affecting your abdomen, heart or lungs
- have stomach ulcer, or bleeding from the stomach and intestines
- have mental illness, psychotic disorders
- have low blood pressure (postural hypotension)
- You are advised to use adequate contraception while you are taking this medicine
- If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant, or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor for advice before taking this medicine
- You should not breast-feed while taking this medicine as this medicine may affect milk production (lactation)
- Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you
- Take CB LIN after food to reduce the side-effects
If you take more CB LIN
- contact your doctor at once or go to the nearest hospital
If you forget to take CB LIN
- If you forget to take your medicine at the usual time, take it as soon as you remember then continuing as usual
- Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose
If you stop taking CB LIN
- Your doctor will advise you how long to take CB LIN
- Your condition may return if you stop taking CB LIN before you are advised
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side-effects, although not everybody gets them.
- vomiting, indigestion, stomach pain, inflamed stomach lining, constipation, involuntary or uncontrolled movements of the limbs
- hallucinations, sleep disturbances
- increased sexual energy, confusion, headache, dizziness, drowsiness, suddenly falling asleep
- lack of bodily strength, weakness
- chest pain (angina), abnormal blood tests for liver function, back pain, pelvic pain or swollen legs.
- heart valve and related disorders e.g. inflammation (pericarditis) or leaking of fluid in the pericardium (pericardial effusion).
- difficulty breathing, palpitations (pounding heart)
- these may be the first signs of a condition called fibrosis, which can affect the lungs, heart/heart valves or back.
- altered or increased sexual interest and behavior of significant concern to you or to others, for example, an increased sexual drive.
- binge eating (eating large amounts of food in a short time period) or compulsive eating (eating more food than normal and more than is needed to satisfy your hunger)
- severe burning pain and skin redness in the hands and feet
- low blood pressure
- swelling of the feet and ankles due to accumulation of fluid in the tissues
- psychotic disorder
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.