CARDACE H 10mg Tablet 10's
What is CARDACE H 10mg Tablet used for?
CARDACE H 10mg Tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension. It is also used to prevent stroke, congestive heart failure, and kidney diseases.
CARDACE H 10mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does CARDACE H 10mg Tablet work?
In CARDACE H 10mg Tablet, Hydrochlorothiazide belongs to the class of drugs called thiazide diuretics. This drug reduces the fluid content in the blood vessels by increasing the urine output.
Ramipril belongs to the class of drugs called angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors. It works by widening the walls of the blood vessels. Thus, easing the flow of blood in the blood vessels.
How to take CARDACE H 10mg Tablet?
The dosage of the drug depends on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take CARDACE H 10mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet/capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of CARDACE H 10mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of CARDACE H 10mg Tablet may include:
What are the drugs that interact with CARDACE H 10mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with CARDACE H 10mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of CARDACE H 10mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of CARDACE H 10mg Tablet:
- Irregular heart beat
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of ankles
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Black tarry stools
- Nose bleeds
- Pain during erection
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions CARDACE H 10mg Tablet?
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of CARDACE H 10mg Tablet.
- Be cautious while taking CARDACE H 10mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if CARDACE H 10mg Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Avoid CARDACE H 10mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
You are advised not to take CARDACE H 10mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking CARDACE H 10mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetes, renal and hepatic disorders and other chronic diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have undergone any major surgery in the past.
- Inform the doctor if you are allergic to CARDACE H 10mg Tablet.
Frequently Asked Questions about CARDACE H 10mg Tablet
- How should CARDACE H 10mg Tablet be stored?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of CARDACE H 10mg Tablet medicine?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking CARDACE H 10mg Tablet?
- What are the other formulations available for CARDACE H 10mg Tablet?
- I am on CARDACE H 10mg Tablet for hypertension. Can I stop the drug if I feel better?
Keep the medicine in a cool and dry place or at room temperature below 25?C.
Do not alter the dose of CARDACE H 10mg Tablet medicine. Altering the dose of the drug without consulting a doctor may increase the severity of the condition.
It is advised to have a regular check on your blood pressure while taking CARDACE H 10mg Tablet medicine to prevent the risk of hypotension.
CARDACE H 10mg Tablet is available as tablet and capsule.
Do not discontinue CARDACE H 10mg Tablet medicine without informing the doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.