What is CANDID CL Gel used for?
CANDID CL Gel capsule, cream, gel, pessary, solution, suppository is used for the treatment of the following:
- Bacterial vaginosis
- Intra abdominal abscess
- Lung abscess
- Skin and soft tissue infections
CANDID CL Gel may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does CANDID CL Gel work?
In CANDID CL Gel, Clindamycin belongs to the class of drugs called antibiotics. This drug prevents the bacteria from multiplying, thereby helping in the treatment of infection.
Clotrimazole belongs to the class of drugs called anti-fungal agents. This drug acts by altering the cell wall permeability of infection causing organism. Thus, it helps to eradicate the infection.
How to use CANDID CL Gel?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use CANDID CL Gel capsule, cream, gel, pessary, solution, suppository as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the capsule Do not crush or tear open the capsule.
- Wash and dry the affected area. Apply a thin layer of CANDID CL Gel cream to the affected area and rub gently.
- Insert CANDID CL Gel suppository/pessary into the vagina as directed by the physician.
- Use the gel/solution as per the guidelines printed on the leaflet.
If you miss a dose of CANDID CL Gel, please use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with CANDID CL Gel?
Drugs that interact with CANDID CL Gel include the following:
- Mycophenolic acid
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of CANDID CL Gel?
The following are the most common side effects of CANDID CL Gel capsule, cream, gel, solution :
- Dry mouth
The following are the most common side effects of CANDID CL Gel suppository/pessary:
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Lower back pain
- Mucous or blood in stool
- Painful urination
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using CANDID CL Gel?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to CANDID CL Gel or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if CANDID CL Gel causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid CANDID CL Gel during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to use CANDID CL Gel if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using CANDID CL Gel?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney, liver or heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about CANDID CL Gel
- Is it common to experience blurred vision while using CANDID CL Gel?
- Is it safe to use CANDID CL Gel in eczema condition?
- Is it advisable to use vaginal tampons while using CANDID CL Gel suppository/pessary?
No. Blurred vision is one of the serious side effects of CANDID CL Gel. Consult the doctor if you experience blurred vision.
No. It is unsafe to use CANDID CL Gel in eczema condition, as this medicine worsens eczema.
No. It is advised not to use tampons while using CANDID CL Gel suppository/pessary, as some amount of medicine is absorbed by the tampon.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.