Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is CABISYL 500mg Capsule used for?
CABISYL 500mg Capsule tablet/capsule is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Chronic venous insufficiency
- Diabetic retinopathy
CABISYL 500mg Capsule may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does CABISYL 500mg Capsule work?
CABISYL 500mg Capsule belongs to the class of drugs called vasoprotective agents. The drug acts by regulating certain physiological functions and restores the blood flow by reducing the blood viscosity.
How to take CABISYL 500mg Capsule?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take CABISYL 500mg Capsule tablet/capsule as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/capsule Do not crush or chew the tablet/capsule . Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of CABISYL 500mg Capsule, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with CABISYL 500mg Capsule?
Consult your doctor for the potential drug interactions.
What are the side effects of CABISYL 500mg Capsule?
The following are the most common side effects of CABISYL 500mg Capsule:
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Skin rash
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking CABISYL 500mg Capsule?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to CABISYL 500mg Capsule or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of CABISYL 500mg Capsule.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if CABISYL 500mg Capsule causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take CABISYL 500mg Capsule if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking CABISYL 500mg Capsule?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of respiratory, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about CABISYL 500mg Capsule
- Can CABISYL 500mg Capsule be used for treating varicose veins?
- Can I stop taking CABISYL 500mg Capsule medicine when I feel better?
- Should I undergo any laboratory tests while taking CABISYL 500mg Capsule?
Yes. CABISYL 500mg Capsule can be used in the treatment of varicose veins when prescribed by the doctor.
No. It is not advisable to discontinue taking CABISYL 500mg Capsule medicine. Discontinuing the drug may cause adverse side effects.
It is advised to undergo regular blood test while taking CABISYL 500mg Capsule.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.