What is BACTOMIN 750mg Tablet used for?
BACTOMIN 750mg Tablet is used for the treatment of otitis media, respiratory tract infections, gonorrhoea and urinary tract infections.
BACTOMIN 750mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does BACTOMIN 750mg Tablet work?
BACTOMIN 750mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called as the antibiotics. This drug acts by inhibiting the synthesis of cell wall mucopeptide during replication. Thus, it helps in preventing the bacterial growth and development.
How to take BACTOMIN 750mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take BACTOMIN 750mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of BACTOMIN 750mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with BACTOMIN 750mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with BACTOMIN 750mg Tablet include the following:
- Cholera vaccine live
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of BACTOMIN 750mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of BACTOMIN 750mg Tablet:
- Swelling in abdominal area
- Excess gas in stomach
- Soreness of the tongue
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Bloody nose
- Painful urination
- Burning while urinating
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking BACTOMIN 750mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to BACTOMIN 750mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Be cautious if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
- Be cautious while taking BACTOMIN 750mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
You are advised not to take BACTOMIN 750mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking BACTOMIN 750mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney and liver diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked questions about BACTOMIN 750mg Tablet
- What is the standard dose of BACTOMIN 750mg Tablet?
- What are the contraindications of BACTOMIN 750mg Tablet?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while taking BACTOMIN 750mg Tablet?
- How should BACTOMIN 750mg Tablet be stored?
The standard dose of BACTOMIN 750mg Tablet is 375 – 750 mg twice daily. However, the dosage may depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual.
BACTOMIN 750mg Tablet is contraindicated with viral infections, breastfeeding, cholestatic jaundice, liver disease and pregnancy.
Yes, it is advised to monitor for laboratory parameters such as liver and kidney function tests while on BACTOMIN 750mg Tablet.
BACTOMIN 750mg Tablet must be stored at room temperature (15 – 30OC), away from sunlight.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.