AZOPT Eye Drops 5ml
By Alcon Laboratories India Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
(Max Rs.125) Extra Rs.50 cashback for Amazon Prime members. T&C Apply.
What is AZOPT Eye Drops used for?
AZOPT Eye Drops eye drops are used for the treatment of open-angle glaucoma and ocular hypertension.
AZOPT Eye Drops may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does AZOPT Eye Drops work?
AZOPT Eye Drops belongs to the class of drugs called anti-glaucoma preparations. The drug acts by inhibiting aqueous humor secretion, thereby reducing intraocular pressure. Thus, it helps in relieving ocular hypertension and glaucoma.
How to use AZOPT Eye Drops?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use AZOPT Eye Drops eye drops as prescribed by your doctor.
- Instil one or two eye drops into the conjunctival sac of the eye and close your eyes for at least 10 minutes. Do not allow the container tip to touch the eye or surrounding tissue.
If you miss a dose of AZOPT Eye Drops, please use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with AZOPT Eye Drops?
Drugs that interact with AZOPT Eye Drops include the following:
- Benzoic acid
- Sodium thiosalicylate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of AZOPT Eye Drops?
The following are the most common side effects of AZOPT Eye Drops:
- Dry eyes
- Blurred vision
- Unusual taste
- Sensation of foreign particle in the eye
- Redness or itching of the eye
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Redness or swelling of the eyelids
- Sensitivity to light
- Yellowing of the eyes or skin
- Persistent nausea
- Dark coloured urine
- Fever or chills
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using AZOPT Eye Drops?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to AZOPT Eye Drops or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if AZOPT Eye Drops causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Seek doctor’s advice before using any other drug or herbal products while on
- If you have to use more than one drug, leave a gap of 5 to 10 minutes before you instil other eye drops.
- Do not use AZOPT Eye Drops medication if you observe any particles in the ophthalmic solution.
- Consult your doctor before using AZOPT Eye Drops eye drops during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
You are advised not to use AZOPT Eye Drops if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using AZOPT Eye Drops?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney disease, liver impairment or any other eye conditions.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Tell the doctor if you have undergone any surgical procedure.
Frequently Asked Questions about AZOPT Eye Drops
- Is it safe to use AZOPT Eye Drops while wearing contact lenses?
- Can I use other eye medications while using AZOPT Eye Drops eye drops?
- How should AZOPT Eye Drops be stored?
- Is it safe to use AZOPT Eye Drops eye drops while having an eye infection?
No. It is not advisable to use AZOPT Eye Drops while wearing contact lenses. AZOPT Eye Drops contains an added preservative that can be absorbed by contact lenses.
It is advised to avoid using other ophthalmic medications while using AZOPT Eye Drops. However, please consult your doctor.
AZOPT Eye Drops should be stored at room temperature away from heat and moisture. Ensure that the bottle is tightly closed after using the medication.
Consult your doctor before you instil AZOPT Eye Drops eye drops while having an infection.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.