ATARAX Drops 15ml
By Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
What is Hydroxyzine used for?
Hydroxyzine tablet/syrup/oral drop is used for the treatment of anxiety and tension. It is also used to relieve itching and allergic symptoms.
Hydroxyzine injection is used to treat stomach upset and mood disorders.
Hydroxyzine may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Hydroxyzine work?
Hydroxyzine belongs to the class of drugs called anti-histamine drugs. The drug acts by inhibiting the release of histamine, thereby suppressing the formation of flare, oedema, and pruritus. It also acts as a sedative at the subcortical level of the central nervous system.
How to use Hydroxyzine?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use Hydroxyzine tablet/syrup/oral drop/injection as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- In case of syrup , shake the suspension well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug.
- Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
- Hydroxyzine injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
If you miss a dose of Hydroxyzine, please use it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of Hydroxyzine include the following:
- Uncontrolled muscle movements
Please seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with Hydroxyzine?
Drugs that interact with Hydroxyzine include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Hydroxyzine?
The following are the most common side effects of Hydroxyzine:
- Dry mouth
- Skin rash
- Blurred vision
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe dizziness
- Increased heartbeat
- Chest discomfort
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using Hydroxyzine?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Hydroxyzine or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before using any other drug or herbal products while on
- Avoid using Hydroxyzine medication while having long QT syndrome.
- Be cautious while using Hydroxyzine medication while suffering from kidney diseases.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of Hydroxyzine.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if Hydroxyzine causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Consult your doctor before using Hydroxyzine medicine during breastfeeding.
You are advised not to use Hydroxyzine if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using Hydroxyzine?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of gastrointestinal blockages, glaucoma, heart diseases or a recent heart attack.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you become pregnant while using Hydroxyzine medication.
Frequently Asked Questions about Hydroxyzine
- Is it safe to alter the dose of the Hydroxyzine?
- Is it safe to use Hydroxyzine medication during pregnancy?
- How should Hydroxyzine be stored?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using Hydroxyzine?
- Is it safe to use Hydroxyzine medication while suffering from severe liver diseases?
No. It is not advised to alter the dose of Hydroxyzine as it can increase the risk of side effects.
No. It is not advisable to use Hydroxyzine medicine during pregnancy, especially during the 1stand 2ndtrimesters as it could harm the unborn baby or develop birth defects. However, consult your doctor for potential risks and benefits on its usage.
Hydroxyzine should be stored at room temperature away from heat, light, and moisture. Keep the medication out of reach of children.
Yes, it is advised to monitor kidney function while using Hydroxyzine in patients with impaired kidney function.
Avoid using Hydroxyzine medicine if you have an impaired liver function. However, consult your doctor for dose adjustments.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.