What is ASMOTONE PLUS Syrup used for?
ASMOTONE PLUS Syrup tablet/expectorant/soft gel/syrup is used for the treatment of the following:
- Acute and chronic bronchitis
- Bronchospastic disorders
- Asthmatic bronchitis
- Pulmonary tuberculosis
ASMOTONE PLUS Syrup may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ASMOTONE PLUS Syrup work?
In ASMOTONE PLUS Syrup, Bromhexine belongs to the class of drugs called mucolytics. The drug acts by reducing the mucous viscosity, thereby enhancing the transport of mucous. Thus, it decreases the mucous viscosity.
Guaiphenesin belongs to the class of drugs called expectorants. The drug acts by reducing the respiratory tract secretions, thereby decreasing the adhesiveness and viscosity of the secretions. Thus, it enhances the efficiency of breathing by removing the obstructions in the airways.
Terbutaline belongs to the class of drugs called beta-adrenergic agonist bronchodilators. The drug acts by relaxing the bronchial smooth muscle. Thus, it helps in dilating the air passages.
How to take ASMOTONE PLUS Syrup?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ASMOTONE PLUS Syrup tablet/expectorant/soft gel/syrup as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet/soft gel Do not crush or chew the tablet/soft gel. Do not tear open the soft gel.
- Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
- In case of syrup/expectorant , shake the suspension well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug.
- Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of ASMOTONE PLUS Syrup, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with ASMOTONE PLUS Syrup?
Drugs that interact with ASMOTONE PLUS Syrup include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ASMOTONE PLUS Syrup?
The following are the most common side effects of ASMOTONE PLUS Syrup:
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Severe dizziness
- Breathing problems
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ASMOTONE PLUS Syrup?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to ASMOTONE PLUS Syrup or similar drugs.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if ASMOTONE PLUS Syrup causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on ASMOTONE PLUS Syrup.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Discontinuing the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Consult your doctor before taking ASMOTONE PLUS Syrup during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
You are advised not to take ASMOTONE PLUS Syrup if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ASMOTONE PLUS Syrup?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of coronary artery disease, seizures or epilepsy.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you have low levels of potassium in your blood.
Frequently Asked Questions about ASMOTONE PLUS Syrup
- Is it safe to take ASMOTONE PLUS Syrup in children?
- Can I take ASMOTONE PLUS Syrup while suffering from an overactive thyroid?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of ASMOTONE PLUS Syrup?
- Should I undergo any laboratory tests while taking ASMOTONE PLUS Syrup?
Avoid taking ASMOTONE PLUS Syrup in children without consulting your doctor.
Inform your doctor before taking ASMOTONE PLUS Syrup while you are suffering from an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism).
No. Altering the dose of ASMOTONE PLUS Syrup is not advisable as it can increase the risk of side effects.
Yes, it is advised to undergo chest X rays and lung function tests to ensure that ASMOTONE PLUS Syrup is not causing undesirable effects on your lungs.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.