AQUAZIDE 12.5mg Tablet 10's
|Available substitute||3 substitute/s available|
Rs.9.74 (2% Savings)
Rs.9.75 (2% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is Hydrochlorothiazide used for?
Hydrochlorothiazide is used for the treatment of fluid retention associated with the following conditions:
- Congestive heart failure
- Cirrhosis of liver
- Kidney disorders
Hydrochlorothiazide may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does Hydrochlorothiazide work?
Hydrochlorothiazide belongs to the class of drugs called thiazide diuretics. This drug acts by decreasing the reabsorption of electrolytes from renal tubules. This leads to an excess elimination of fluids from the body.
How to take Hydrochlorothiazide?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take Hydrochlorothiazide as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Hydrochlorothiazide can be taken with food or an empty stomach. It is advised to take Hydrochlorothiazide at least 4 hours prior to bed time as it may cause frequent urination.
If you miss a dose of Hydrochlorothiazide, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of Hydrochlorothiazide may include:
- Increased thirst
- Muscle pain
What are the drugs that interact with Hydrochlorothiazide?
Drugs that interact with Hydrochlorothiazide include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Hydrochlorothiazide?
The following are the most common side effects of Hydrochlorothiazide:
- Abdominal pain
- Bleeding gums
- Blurred vision
- Sore throat
- Difficulty in breathing
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Hair loss
- Muscle spasm
- Severe sunburn
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions Hydrochlorothiazide?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Hydrochlorothiazide or similar drugs.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on Hydrochlorothiazide.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if the drug causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to the sunlight when using Hydrochlorothiazide.
- Avoid using Hydrochlorothiazide if you have any history of severe renal or hepatic dysfunction.
- Avoid Hydrochlorothiazide during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
You are advised not to take Hydrochlorothiazide if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Hydrochlorothiazide?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of diabetes, liver or heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
Frequently Asked Questions about Hydrochlorothiazide
- How should Hydrochlorothiazide be stored?
- Should I follow any special dietary instructions while taking Hydrochlorothiazide?
- What are the other formulations of Hydrochlorothiazide available?
- Can I stop taking Hydrochlorothiazide if the symptoms subside?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of the Hydrochlorothiazide?
Hydrochlorothiazide must be stored at room temperature, away from direct sunlight.
You must follow a low-sodium diet while on Hydrochlorothiazide medication.
Hydrochlorothiazide is available as capsule, tablet, and injection.
No. It is advised to take Hydrochlorothiazide for a prescribed duration. If you stop taking the drug, it may worsen your condition.
No. Please consult your doctor for any dose-related issues.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.