What is ANACIN Tablet used for?
ANACIN Tablet tablet is used for the treatment of headache and muscle pain.
ANACIN Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ANACIN Tablet work?
In ANACIN Tablet, Caffeine belongs to the class of drugs called methylxanthines. This drug acts by blocking certain pain receptors in the brain, thereby it helps to reduce pain.
Paracetamol belongs to the class of drugs called analgesics. This drug acts by blocking pain impulse generation, thereby it helps in pain reduction.
How to take ANACIN Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ANACIN Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
If you miss a dose of ANACIN Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with ANACIN Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ANACIN Tablet include the following:
- Sodium Nitrite
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ANACIN Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ANACIN Tablet:
- Loss of appetite
- Sleeping problem
- Trouble breathing
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Clay-coloured stools
- Dark urine
- Low fever
- Severe stomach pain
- Tightness in chest
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ANACIN Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to ANACIN Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid ANACIN Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take ANACIN Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ANACIN Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of liver or kidney disorder.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about ANACIN Tablet
- Is it safe to take ANACIN Tablet in peptic ulcer condition?
- Is it safe to use ANACIN Tablet in hypertension condition?
- Is it safe to use ANACIN Tablet with an anticoagulant such as warfarin?
No. It is unsafe to take ANACIN Tablet in peptic ulcer condition. Consult your doctor before starting the medicine.
No. It is unsafe to use ANACIN Tablet in hypertension, as it worsens the condition.
No. It is unsafe to use ANACIN Tablet with warfarin. As these drugs interact to cause unwanted side effects.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.