Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is ALTIPOD CV 200mg Tablet used for?
ALTIPOD CV 200mg Tablet liquid/suspension/syrup/tablet is used for the treatment of the following:
- Respiratory tract infection
- Skin and soft tissue infections
- Urinary tract infection
ALTIPOD CV 200mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ALTIPOD CV 200mg Tablet work?
In ALTIPOD CV 200mg Tablet, Cefpodoxime belongs to the class of drugs called cephalosporins. It works by inhibiting the bacterial cell wall synthesis, thereby resulting in bacterial cell death.
Clavulanate (Clavulanic Acid) belongs to the class of drugs called semi synthetic beta-lactamase inhibitors. It inhibits certain enzymes and enhances the pharmacological activity of Cefpodoxime. Therefore, it is used in combination with Cefpodoxime.
How to take ALTIPOD CV 200mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ALTIPOD CV 200mg Tablet liquid/suspension/syrup/tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet.
- Shake the liquid/suspension/syrup well before taking each dose so as to ensure the uniform mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup while taking each dose.
If you miss a dose of ALTIPOD CV 200mg Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with ALTIPOD CV 200mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ALTIPOD CV 200mg Tablet include the following:
- Aluminium carbonate
- Calcium carbonate
- Cholera vaccine
- Sodium bicarbonate
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ALTIPOD CV 200mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ALTIPOD CV 200mg Tablet:
- Dark urine
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Bloody nose
- Chest pain
- Dry mouth
- Extreme fatigue
- Trouble breathing
- Severe abdominal pain
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ALTIPOD CV 200mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ALTIPOD CV 200mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of ALTIPOD CV 200mg Tablet.
You are advised not to take ALTIPOD CV 200mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ALTIPOD CV 200mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney or liver disease.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about ALTIPOD CV 200mg Tablet
- How should ALTIPOD CV 200mg Tablet be stored?
- Is it safe to take ALTIPOD CV 200mg Tablet if I have a history of seizures?
- Is it common to experience hearing loss while taking ALTIPOD CV 200mg Tablet?
ALTIPOD CV 200mg Tablet should be stored at room temperature (15-30°C) away from light, heat and moisture.
No. It is not advisable to take ALTIPOD CV 200mg Tablet if you have a history of seizures as this medicine worsens seizures.
No. Hearing loss is one of the serious side effects of ALTIPOD CV 200mg Tablet. However, consult the doctor if you experience hearing loss.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.