What is ALERID D Tablet used for?
ALERID D Tablet tablet is used for treating the symptoms of allergic rhinitis.
ALERID D Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ALERID D Tablet work?
In ALERID D Tablet, Cetirizine belongs to the class of drugs called anti-histamines. The drug acts by blocking the release of histamine by binding to its receptor, thereby reducing the allergic reactions.
Phenylephrine belongs to the class of drugs called decongestant. The drug acts by causing constriction of arterioles by acting on certain receptors. Thus, it reduces inflammation of the nose and improves breathing.
How to take ALERID D Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ALERID D Tablet tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of ALERID D Tablet, please take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of ALERID D Tablet include the following:
- Slow heartbeat
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with ALERID D Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ALERID D Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ALERID D Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ALERID D Tablet:
- Stuffy nose
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Trouble in breathing
- Severe dizziness
- Fast heartbeat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ALERID D Tablet?
- Avoid taking the medicine if you are allergic to ALERID D Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of ALERID D Tablet.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if ALERID D Tablet causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid ALERID D Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop taking the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to take ALERID D Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ALERID D Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney, liver or heart diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you get pregnant while taking ALERID D Tablet.
Frequently Asked Questions about ALERID D Tablet
- Can I smoke while taking ALERID D Tablet?
- Is it safe to take ALERID D Tablet in glaucoma condition?
- How should ALERID D Tablet be stored?
No. It is advised not to smoke while taking ALERID D Tablet as it worsens the condition.
No. It is advised not to take ALERID D Tablet in glaucoma as it increases the intraocular pressure.
ALERID D Tablet should be stored at room temperature away from heat, light and moisture.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.