ADALENE NANO GEL 15GM
By CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD (ZYDUS) Prescription Needed
*Cashback validity: 31 days
*Cashback validity: 365 days
|Available substitute||2 substitute/s available|
Rs.198.00 (15% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is Adapalene + Clindamycin used for?
Adapalene + Clindamycin is used for the treatment of Acne vulgaris when comedones (blackheads and whiteheads), papules (pimple) and pustules (small swelling containing pus or fluid) are present on the skin.
Adapalene + Clindamycin may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
How does Adapalene + Clindamycin work?
- Adapalene is a retinoid-like compound which
- penetrates deep inside the skin pores and prevents the build-up of dead skin and sebum that leads to acne formation;
- blocks the hardening processes of the outer skin layer which helps in shedding of old hardened skin cells, thereby promoting growth of new skin cells;
- blocks the inflammatory reaction, which help to reduce soreness and irritation of skin.
- Clindamycin belongs to lincomycin group of antibiotics. Clindamycin blocks protein synthesis in the bacteria which are responsible for causing infection of acne affected skin, thus killing the bacteria.
Combination of Adapalene with Clindamycin additively promotes healing of acne lesions and prevents formation of new lesions with clearing up of bacterial infections.
How to use Adapalene + Clindamycin?
- The application of topical gel of Adapalene + Clindamycin depends on medical condition of an individual. Apply Adapalene + Clindamycin gel as prescribed by your doctor.
- Adapalene + Clindamycin gel is for EXTERNAL USE ONLY.
- Apply Adapalene + Clindamycin at night before going to bed. Wash the area to be applied with water thoroughly. Make sure the skin is clean and dry before applying the medicine.
- Take a thin film of Adapalene + Clindamycin gel on your fingertip and apply on the affected area gently.
- Wash your hands properly after applying Adapalene + Clindamycin gel.
- Avoid application of Adapalene + Clindamycin into eyes or lips.
- Do not apply Adapalene + Clindamycin on cuts, abrasion or eczematous skin.
- Adapalene + Clindamycin is not to be used in adolescent and children below 12 years of age.
- Do not discontinue Adapalene + Clindamycin without doctor’s advice.
- If you miss a dose of Adapalene + Clindamycin gel, please apply it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not apply a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What should you do when you have used more Adapalene + Clindamycin gel?
If you have used more Adapalene + Clindamycin gel than advised by your doctor or have accidentally swallowed Adapalene + Clindamycin gel, please contact your doctor immediately.
Symptoms of excess use of Adapalene + Clindamycin on skin are:
- Skin irritation
- Redness of skin
- Peeling of skin
- Discomfort on skin
What are the drugs that interact with Adapalene + Clindamycin?
Drugs that interact with Adapalene + Clindamycin:
- Aromatic and Alcoholic agents
- Peeling agents
- Skin abrasive cleaners
- Skin drying agents
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of Adapalene + Clindamycin?
Most common side effects of Adapalene + Clindamycin are:
- Dry skin
- Irritation of the skin
- Burning sensation of the skin
- Redness of the skin (erythema)
Please stop application of Adapalene + Clindamycin gel and contact your physician immediately if you have
- irritant contact dermatitis (blistering, cracking skin, swelling, stiffness of skin, ulcers on skin, sore skin forming crust);
- skin discomfort, pain and swelling of skin;
- itching of the skin;
- peeling skin;
- irritation, redness, itching or swelling of the eyelids;
- flare up of acne.
This is not a comprehensive list of side effects. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking Adapalene + Clindamycin?
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on Adapalene + Clindamycin.
- If you are using other medications for acne like benzoyl peroxide, erythromycin or clindamycin, they may be applied in the morning and Adapalene + Clindamycin may be applied at night time.
- If you have a hypersensitivity skin reaction, please stop using Adapalene + Clindamycin gel immediately.
- If you have applied Adapalene + Clindamycin gel by mistake into eyes, mouth, nostrils or mucous membrane, wash immediately with warm water.
You are advised not to take Adapalene + Clindamycin if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking Adapalene + Clindamycin?
Tell your doctor if
- you are allergic to Adapalene + Clindamycin or to any ingredients of this medicine.
- you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- you have a history of regional enteritis or ulcerative colitis.
- you have a history of antibiotic-associated colitis.
- you are planning a surgery or any procedure.
- you are pregnant or trying to conceive or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions about Adapalene + Clindamycin
Adapalene + Clindamycin should be stored below 25° C in a cool, dry place. Keep the medicine away from sunlight and do not freeze the medicine. Keep the medicine out of reach from children.
There are no dietary restrictions if you are using Adapalene + Clindamycin gel.
It may take 4 to 8 weeks for Adapalene + Clindamycin gel to work. Please consult your doctor for more information.
If possible, limit your sun exposure. If you are going outside, apply sunscreen as advised by your doctor. If you are using Adapalene + Clindamycin in the morning, then let is dry first and then apply the sunscreen. The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
Please enter your name, mobile number and E-mail ID, and we will send you an email when the requested item is back in stock.