ACULAR LS Eye Drops 5ml
What is ACULAR LS Eye Drops used for?
ACULAR LS Eye Drops tablet/injection is used for the treatment of severe acute pain.
ACULAR LS Eye Drops eye drops are recommended for the management of post-operative eye pain and swelling.
ACULAR LS Eye Drops gel is used for pain relief following a procedure and also used to treat back pain, pain caused by kidney stones, and cancer pain.
ACULAR LS Eye Drops may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ACULAR LS Eye Drops work?
ACULAR LS Eye Drops belongs to the class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Prostaglandins are the inflammatory mediators responsible for inflammation. ACULAR LS Eye Drops acts by inhibiting the action of hormones called prostaglandins, which are responsible for inflammation and pain. Ketorolac gel works by penetrating into skin layers and reducing the pain and inflammation.
How to use ACULAR LS Eye Drops?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use ACULAR LS Eye Drops as prescribed by your doctor.
- Instill one to two drops of ACULAR LS Eye Drops into the conjunctival sac of the eyes.
- Apply a thin layer of ACULAR LS Eye Drops gel over the affected area and rub it gently.
- ACULAR LS Eye Drops injection is administered into a vein or muscle, under the medical supervision.
- Swallow the whole tablet. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of ACULAR LS Eye Drops, please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of ACULAR LS Eye Drops tablet may include:
- Epigastric pain
What are the drugs that interact with ACULAR LS Eye Drops?
Drugs that interact with ACULAR LS Eye Drops tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ACULAR LS Eye Drops?
The following are the most common side effects of ACULAR LS Eye Drops tablet/injection:
- Stomach upset
The following are the most common side effects of ACULAR LS Eye Drops eye drops:
- Corneal infiltrates
- Ocular oedema
- Ocular pain
The following are the most common side effects of ACULAR LS Eye Drops gel:
- Skin redness, burning, itching, or peeling
- Thinning of your skin
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions ACULAR LS Eye Drops?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ACULAR LS Eye Drops or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of ACULAR LS Eye Drops tablet/injection.
- Seek doctor’s advice before taking any other drug or herbal products while on ACULAR LS Eye Drops tablet/injection.
- Be cautious while using ACULAR LS Eye Drops tablet/injection if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
- Notify the doctor if you experience any eye problems, such as itching or redness while using ACULAR LS Eye Drops eye drops.
What should you tell your doctor before using ACULAR LS Eye Drops?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of skin disorders, heart, kidney, liver or respiratory diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify the doctor if you have any eye conditions such as glaucoma or cataracts.
Frequently Asked Questions about ACULAR LS Eye Drops
- What are the overdose symptoms of ACULAR LS Eye Drops eye drops?
- Is it safe to use ACULAR LS Eye Drops tablet during breastfeeding?
- Do I need to be monitored for any laboratory parameters while using ACULAR LS Eye Drops tablet?
- Is it safe to use tobacco while taking ACULAR LS Eye Drops tablet?
The overdose symptoms of ACULAR LS Eye Drops eye drops include severe burning sensation, eye watering, white patches on the eyes, and drainage from the eyes.
No. Avoid ACULAR LS Eye Drops during breastfeeding because the drug passes through breast milk and may harm the nursing infant.
Use of ACULAR LS Eye Drops tablet may cause kidney impairment. Therefore, you must monitor your kidney function while using ACULAR LS Eye Drops tablet.
Regular use of tobacco with ACULAR LS Eye Drops tablet may increase the risk of stomach bleeding. Therefore, you must avoid using tobacco while taking ACULAR LS Eye Drops tablet.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.