ACITROM 4mg Tablet 30's
By Abbott Health Care Solutions Pvt Ltd Prescription Needed
*on All Full Pre-Paid Orders
- Cashback validity: 100 days
Rs.91.00 (76% Savings)
Rs.106.60 (72% Savings)
Rs.117.00 (69% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is ACITROM 4mg Tablet used for?
ACITROM 4mg Tablet is used for the treatment and prevention of harmful blood clots in the body.
ACITROM 4mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ACITROM 4mg Tablet work?
ACITROM 4mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called anti-coagulants. This drug acts by inhibiting certain enzymes in the liver and blocking the synthesis of the clotting factors. Thus, it helps in preventing the formation of harmful blood clots.
How to take ACITROM 4mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ACITROM 4mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take ACITROM 4mg Tablet tablets with or without food.
If you miss a dose of ACITROM 4mg Tablet, take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
The overdose symptoms of ACITROM 4mg Tablet include the following:
- Gastrointestinal haemorrhage
- Abdominal pain
You must seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What are the drugs that interact with ACITROM 4mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ACITROM 4mg Tablet include the following:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ACITROM 4mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ACITROM 4mg Tablet:
- Dark urine
- Black coloured stools
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Persistent nosebleeds
- Prolonged menstrual flow
- Unusual vaginal bleeding
- Easy bruising
- Unusual dizziness
- Fast heartbeat
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions ACITROM 4mg Tablet?
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ACITROM 4mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may increase the risk of stomach bleeding.
- Avoid ACITROM 4mg Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding as the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Be cautious while taking ACITROM 4mg Tablet if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take ACITROM 4mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ACITROM 4mg Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of blood disorders, bleeding problems, alcohol abuse, high blood pressure, severe injury, severe diabetes, cancer, congestive heart failure, inflammatory disease, thyroid disorders, intestinal absorption problems, dementia and genetic disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions about ACITROM 4mg Tablet
- How should ACITROM 4mg Tablet be stored?
- Is it safe to use ACITROM 4mg Tablet in elderly?
- Can I stop taking ACITROM 4mg Tablet if I am feeling better?
Store ACITROM 4mg Tablet tablets at room temperature (15 – 30OC). Protect from light, heat, and moisture.
ACITROM 4mg Tablet should be used with caution in elderly. Consult your doctor before using the drug.
No, it is not advised to discontinue the use of ACITROM 4mg Tablet. Abrupt discontinuation may cause the illness to return.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.