Makeup is ingrained in our culture and was used by earlier civilizations centuries ago. From emperors and queens, the use of natural ingredients as face makeup has been used in many countries. Today, we have all found our favourite style–whether it's the perfect nude lipstick or the foundation that makes our 'no makeup' makeup look even more natural. There is no hard and fast rule that you need to confine yourself to a certain "look". Face makeup is all about having fun, being creative, and making yourself feel like the greatest version of yourself. And to help you get there, we've put together a list of a few essentials for your kit.
- Moisturisers: Whatever your skin type is, whether oily, dry, or combination, moisturise your skin both morning and night, and apply sunscreen during the day. Dermatologists advise using a cleanser and toner before applying moisturiser at night. Lastly, give your skin a gentle massage before going to bed.
- Primers: Primers sometimes go unnoticed, especially by cosmetic beginners, yet they are an essential component of your makeup kit. Face makeup products like primers smoothen your complexion by covering up your wrinkles, pores, and other imperfections, and gives you a base that is faultless and even, making it simple to apply makeup.
- Concealer: The product is an essential basic that should be kept handy at all times. Pick a creamy concealer that can conceal dark spots, dark blemishes under the eye and imperfections.
- Foundation: The foundation is the bedrock of every makeup regimen, whether simple or extensive. You can apply it on just the problem areas, or across the entire face depending on your age or preference. Choose a tinted moisturiser if you do not want as much coverage as a liquid foundation gives or if you prefer something a bit lighter.
- Blush: Go for a blush with a warm hue that provides a burst of colour to the apples of your cheeks when selecting your go-to makeup shade that brightens your complexion.
- Powder: A last, gentle application of translucent powder settles makeup and reduces shine. If you tend to sweat excessively or have an oily T-zone, you'll appreciate having a setting powder that absorbs shine. It's also a lifesaver for concealing imperfections or discolorations you'd prefer to keep to yourself: Apply foundation to the problem area, set with powder, then apply concealer and set again with powder.
- Lipstick: Lipsticks can transform your appearance in just a few strokes. Keep a regular go-to neutral shade and a few bold hues that can be worn for every occasion. To get the ideal lipstick shade, select a hue that is slightly darker than your natural lip undertone. When it comes to lipsticks, you can choose from a range of hues or natural shades. Lipsticks are also available on choices of glossy and matte if you prefer a less intense appearance.
- Mascara: Enhancing your lashes is the best way to perk up and define your eyes, and a nice mascara is all you need. Stick to standard black mascara or dark brown if you have light hair and lashes. You have the option to utilise waterproof mascara.
- Neutral Eye Makeup: The use of a neutral beige eye shades instantly brightens the upper lid.
- Eye Liner: You may use a deeper shade of eye makeup or a dark brown or black pencil to create a narrow line that defines and accentuates your eyes.
- Eyeshadow: Use a medium neutral hue, such as warm brown or charcoal grey, for a somewhat more defined shadow. Use the shadow to provide depth to the crease of the eye, immediately below the brow bone.
A quick glance at how to apply your makeup step-by-step:
- Start with a Moisturiser
- Pat on your Primer
- Apply Foundation
- Conceal where you want more coverage
- Add some colour to your face with bronzers and eyeshadows
- Experiment with Eyeshadow
- Define your eyes with an Eyeliner
- Add lipstick or lip gloss …and you are ready to go!
Types of Face makeup
There are many types of face makeup that you can try for various occasions:
- Nude makeup: While a bold red lipstick and powerful highlight remain cult favourites, you may be familiar with nude makeup. The goal of nude face makeup products is achieving a natural-looking complexion. Use sheer cover products to make skin seem radiant.
- HD makeup. This full-coverage, light-reflecting makeup doesn't seem heavy, it is used by TV presenters, TV actors and brides, as the style appears flawless during filming. HD foundations and powders feature pigments that blur light reflection. The face shines like genuine skin. It might conceal cosmetics and camera-visible skin flaws.
- Airbrush makeup: A little pen-like applicator delicately airbrushes foundation and blushers across your face in this way. It is lightweight, long-lasting, and smoother than other cosmetics.
Other styles of face makeup include celebrity, matt, and shimmery face makeup. Every makeup style has pros and cons, so try them all and find what works for you. You can buy face makeup online for added convenience. So, look up the wide range of cosmetic products that are suitable for you and buy face makeup for yourself today.