What is Malaria?Malaria is a life-threatening disease caused by the bites of mosquitoes infected with parasites.
DiagnosisThrough a blood test to check for the malaria parasite in the blood
If Left Untreated, Malaria May Cause
Who are at risk
- Spontaneous abortion
- premature delivery
- Severe maternal anaemia
- High risk of death
Malaria - Fast Facts
- Malaria means 'bad air' in Italian.
- Mosquitoes that cause malaria usually bite at nite.
- Malaria is one of the oldest diseases.
- Some of the Egyptian mummies have been found to have signs of malaria.
- 13 to 15 years is the time taken to research and develop a new antimalarial drug - A complex process!