Monsoon time brings umpteen travel goals to accomplish. Once you have decided on your outfits and your bags are sorted with all kinds of clothing, electronics as well as gadgets, sometimes we tend to forget the most important part of our appearance and persona and that is our hair and its essentials.
Well, vacation is no excuse to forgo your skin and hair care routine. In fact, you should be more careful and go that extra mile to avoid the damage that can be caused by long journeys and new climatic conditions. Keeping your manes healthy and beautiful on any vacation will not just make your sizzle, it will also make your holiday super cool. Just like other things, before starting a trip, plan wisely and make your vacation hair friendly.
Hair styling can be a make or break of your complete look and while you may want to try every hair do when on a trip, here is a catch. More travel means loads of heat and humidity that can take a toll on your hair making it dull, dry, brittle and lifeless. While shampoos, conditioners and any in-shower products are a must-have in the travel bag, at times we need that extra dose of that mess-proof hairdo or maybe a long-lasting, volumised look to show off our tresses in those perfect pouted selfies.
Also read: DIY Hair Rinse: Flaunt Tangle-Free Shiny Mane With These Natural Scalp Concoctions
(Get gorgeous by shopping from a range of hair products)
Are you in a dire dilemma on what to carry while travelling or want to flaunt beautiful hair every time you style them while on vacay? Here is what you need to do:
- If you have got dry hair then it is best to avoid colouring, however, occasionally you end up colouring your tresses more so to hide your greys. Carry a small pack as you may not find your brand at every place you go.
- Eat multivitamins that specifically boost your hair growth and maintains a healthy scalp when on a long vacation.
- Shampoos and conditioners are important products to keep your hair clean and healthy. Carry your own brand of both.
- Moisturise your hair before going on a long-haul flight or a long train trip.
- If you are planning to go swimming at a pool or for a sea swim, cover your hair with a cap and apply oil to avoid damage from chlorine water. Shampoo immediately after a swim.
- It is difficult to carry and maintain a fancy hairstyle on your vacation, so the best is to take a good haircut before you travel that looks nice and is not very difficult to cater to.
Foray into this infographic that will remind you of 5 basic things one must not forget when on a travel