The skin remains constantly exposed to a host of harmful elements on a regular basis such as sun rays, pollution, dirt, dust, chemicals, toxins, pathogens, and all of which can result in hyperpigmentation, dullness, lifeless, and uneven skin tone. That’s why your skin needs something natural and unique to heal all your skin woes. Well, one amazing ingredient that is seen widely in every kitchen cabinet is potato, which serves as an effective way to get rid of a wide spectrum of beauty issues.
Potatoes are one of the favourite vegetables relished by most people, be it fried, baked, or mashed. This humble vegetable has been valued as the perfect comfort food all through the seasons. It is famed as the king of vegetables; besides its umpteen culinary purposes, this readily available ingredient works wonders for boosting skin health as well.
Potato comes with a plethora of essential nutrients such as vitamins C, B1, and B6 and minerals like magnesium, potassium, and phosphorus, while it is also laden with potent antioxidants. Thus, it’s no surprise that potato is highly valuable for enhancing overall health and skin beauty. This powerful ingredient can help you maintain, clear, supple, and radiant skin when applied topically. Moreover, potato-based face packs are now widely available in the markets.
Skin Healing Incentives Of Potato Face Packs
- The natural bleaching property of potatoes diminishes pigmentation, dark spots, marks, and blemishes
- The goodness of vitamin C is best known to clear dead skin cells and fade away fine lines
- The presence of enzyme catecholase can help manage hyperpigmentation
- Packed with antioxidants slow down the signs of ageing and fades away wrinkles
- Reduces dark circles and puffiness around the eyes
- Astringent qualities of potato remove excess oil, open the clogged pores, and makes the skin look toned
- Rich in antioxidants combats acne-causing bacteria and keep pathogens and germs away from the skin
- Imbued with skin-friendly nutrients and antioxidants safeguards the skin from environmental pollutants and damage from UV rays
Potatoes are easy to use as an ingredient in your skincare routine. Try some of these simple potato face pack DIYs for revamping skin health and radiance from deep within.
Checkout this infographic for more details.