Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is ZONAMAX ES Injection used for?
ZONAMAX ES Injection injection/tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections.
ZONAMAX ES Injection may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ZONAMAX ES Injection work?
In ZONAMAX ES Injection , Cefoperazone belongs to the class of drugs called cephalosporin antibiotics. It works by inhibiting the bacterial cell wall synthesis by binding to penicillin-binding proteins (PBPs). Thus, it helps in reducing the growth of bacteria.
Sulbactam belongs to the class of drugs called β-lactamase inhibitor. It works by inhibiting the activity of certain enzymes produced by the bacteria, thereby reducing the bacterial infections.
How to use ZONAMAX ES Injection ?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Use ZONAMAX ES Injection injection/tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- ZONAMAX ES Injection injection should be administered only under medical supervision.
- Swallow the tablet Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the drug with or without food. However, taking the drug with food prevents stomach upset.
If you miss a dose of ZONAMAX ES Injection , please use it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not use a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with ZONAMAX ES Injection ?
Drugs that interact with ZONAMAX ES Injection are:
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ZONAMAX ES Injection ?
The following are the most common side effects of ZONAMAX ES Injection :
The following are the severe side effects, and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Skin reactions
- Gastrointestinal disturbance
- Decrease in haemoglobin concentration
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while using ZONAMAX ES Injection ?
- Avoid consumption of alcohol as it may alter the absorption of ZONAMAX ES Injection .
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if ZONAMAX ES Injection causes dizziness or blurred vision.
- Avoid ZONAMAX ES Injection during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is not yet established.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor. Stopping the medication suddenly may cause the illness to return.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by the doctor.
You are advised not to use ZONAMAX ES Injection if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before using ZONAMAX ES Injection ?
- Inform your doctor if you have any pre-existing medical conditions, such as heart, liver or kidney diseases.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
- Inform the doctor if you have any hypersensitivity to any of the drugs in ZONAMAX ES Injection
Frequently Asked questions about ZONAMAX ES Injection
- How should ZONAMAX ES Injection be stored?
- Do I need to follow any dietary precautions while using ZONAMAX ES Injection ?
- How long can I use ZONAMAX ES Injection ?
ZONAMAX ES Injection should be stored at room temperature, away from heat, light and moisture.
Yes. It is advisable to avoid spicy food as gastrointestinal disturbance is one of the common side effects of ZONAMAX ES Injection .
It is recommended to use ZONAMAX ES Injection for a prescribed duration of time as recommended by your doctor.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.