ZIMIGUT 200mg Tablet 10's
Rs.90.00 (41% Savings)
Rs.94.11 (38% Savings)
Rs.120.00 (21% Savings)
Rs.120.00 (21% Savings)
Rs.125.00 (18% Savings)
Please note, before you can choose the low cost generic option, please ask your doctor to add the generic drug to your prescription.
What is ZIMIGUT 200mg Tablet used for?
ZIMIGUT 200mg Tablet is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Traveller’s diarrhoea
- Irritable bowel syndrome
ZIMIGUT 200mg Tablet may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
How does ZIMIGUT 200mg Tablet work?
ZIMIGUT 200mg Tablet belongs to the class of drugs called antibiotics. This drug acts by inhibiting the bacterial RNA synthesis and supports in restoring the intestinal microflora imbalance. It also acts by inhibiting certain enzymes responsible for the irritable bowel syndrome.
How to take ZIMIGUT 200mg Tablet?
The dosage and the drug form depend on the age, weight and medical condition of an individual. Take ZIMIGUT 200mg Tablet as prescribed by your doctor.
- ZIMIGUT 200mg Tablet is available in suspension and tablet dosage forms. Shake the suspension well to ensure the proper mixing of the drug. Use a measuring cup to measure each dose.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Take the tablet with a glass full of water.
If you miss a dose of ZIMIGUT 200mg Tablet, please take it immediately once you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
What are the drugs that interact with ZIMIGUT 200mg Tablet?
Drugs that interact with ZIMIGUT 200mg Tablet include the following:
- Cholera vaccine
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
What are the side effects of ZIMIGUT 200mg Tablet?
The following are the most common side effects of ZIMIGUT 200mg Tablet:
- Black/tarry stools
- Muscle spasm
- Increased breathing
- Trouble sleeping
- Chest pain
- Unusual bleeding
The following are the severe side effects and you may require immediate medical attention:
- Skin rash
- Blood in urine
- Increased heart rate
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling in belly
- Swelling in arms/legs
- Extreme tiredness
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Please consult your doctor to know more about other possible side effects.
What special precautions should be followed while taking ZIMIGUT 200mg Tablet?
- Avoid ZIMIGUT 200mg Tablet if you experience bloody stools.
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to ZIMIGUT 200mg Tablet or similar drugs.
- Do not stop using ZIMIGUT 200mg Tablet medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Avoid ZIMIGUT 200mg Tablet if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not exceed the dose more than what is prescribed.
You are advised not to take ZIMIGUT 200mg Tablet if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
What should you tell your doctor before taking ZIMIGUT 200mg Tablet?
- Inform your doctor if you have rheumatoid arthritis.
- Inform your doctor if you are having a fever or bloody stools along with diarrhoea.
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to ZIMIGUT 200mg Tablet or related drugs.
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of kidney, liver or blood disorders.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any other drugs, OTC medications, herbal products or nutritional supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions about ZIMIGUT 200mg Tablet
- How should ZIMIGUT 200mg Tablet be stored?
- Should I continue using ZIMIGUT 200mg Tablet if diarrhoea worsens?
- What should be avoided while taking ZIMIGUT 200mg Tablet?
- Is it safe to alter the dose of ZIMIGUT 200mg Tablet?
- Can I use ZIMIGUT 200mg Tablet to treat common cold?
ZIMIGUT 200mg Tablet is stored at room temperature (25 – 30OC). Keep the medicine away from direct sunlight.
It is not advised to continue using ZIMIGUT 200mg Tablet if the symptoms for diarrhoea persists or worsens for 24 – 48 hours after taking the medication. However, please consult your doctor if the symptoms persist or worsen.
Other antibiotic medications may increase diarrhoea. Therefore, using other antibiotics should be avoided while taking ZIMIGUT 200mg Tablet.
No, altering the dose of ZIMIGUT 200mg Tablet is not advised. ZIMIGUT 200mg Tablet should be taken in the prescribed doses.
No, ZIMIGUT 200mg Tablet is only used to treat bacterial infections. It is not prescribed to treat any viral infections, such as common cold or flu.
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.